I love BRASH and BRASH loves me
Suspended / Banned
Name
Ade
Edit My Images
Yes
Nuthatch-4.jpg

Buggers have evil looking claws.

Like that, great detail, nice pose in the bird, and a clean BG, very nice image. (y)

:D

Thanks, I generally use the 120 with TC for my bird shots, but due to having the jays around I took the big one, I do like how it throws the background into a solid block rather than bits of distraction.

Good capture Ade and the perfect bg (y)
those feet certainly look as though they are designed for grip :D

The background is leafless woodland, the long lens throws it out so much more that the smaller one. I have manufactured a Jay and woody scoffing place, yet these greedy buggers were straight in there................:LOL:

The background is leafless woodland, the long lens throws it out so much more that the smaller one. I have manufactured a Jay and woody scoffing place, yet these greedy buggers were straight in there................:LOL:

Aint you the lucky one then :D Nice to have a choice of subjects imo :LOL:

Thanks all.

Mark,

Model = NIKON D700

Exposure Time = 1/250"
F Number = F8
Exposure Program = Aperture priority
ISO Speed Ratings = 1100
Exif Version = Version 2.21
Date Time Original = 2010-02-25 14:44:05
Date Time Digitized = 2010-02-25 14:44:05
Shutter Speed Value = 7.97 TV
Aperture Value = 6 AV
Exposure Bias Value = ±0EV
Max Aperture Value = F5.66
Metering Mode = CenterWeightedAverage
Light Source = Fine weather
Flash = Off
Focal Length = 650mm

The "log" is not a log,hence the OOF bits at the front...........:naughty:

Last edited:
Well its more like a plank,it is a piece of wood about eight feet long that has been sawn from the outer edge of a full tree,as such it has a ..God ,whats the word....:bang:.......been up since 9 yesterday morning.......:LOL:....it has a straight bottom and a curved top,about 2 feet wide.

Hope that makes sense.

Charlie will know the correct name, they were used to build the old duck shooting hides, so have a nice mossy growth on them.

Very nice Ade - like the PoV. A tad wider crop would work better for me.

650mm lens, **** me dude!!! That's awesome, look at the BG - it has literally melted. What lens did you use?

G.

Ta.

Gary,yes the big Siggy.

Donna, still not sure what you mean by back to front,I am being thick?.........:D

:LOL:

I have separate folders,Forum Files and Normal files.........;)

TBH Karen, i`m moving away from the close up stuff at the moment,trying different things,more habitat shots.

Karen, somebody posted something in the "Sorry to Macro Photographers" thread,something that really hit a chord with me. I want to do different stuff,I have myriads of close up bird images.I still feed the area around the hide,yet I tend to sit and watch more than photograph now.I love being sat with the flutter of wings around me,the coal tits chasing each other into the hide and around my head before exiting,the great tits bullying all until the nuthatches arrive,the jays giving it the big I am until the woodies turn up.I do love sitting there and just watching them.

But I want to move away from supersharp close ups,away from seeing every detail in the bird or even animal,away from the norm.
Anyway, I just fancy a change and am quite enjoying doing so..........(y)

No offence intended to anyone at all, just stating where my photography is and where I want it to go.

I can see what you mean about those claws :eek: How would someone ring one of those :puke: :LOL:

Great shot and you know what..... I understand what you mean about just sitting down and watching the birds.

Looking at those back claws you can see how they manage to walk down vertcal surfaces head first!

Lovely Nuttie fraccers - it's showing quite a yellwo cast for me though? Tell me to sod off if you like. :D

4390487167_bf67b0e317_o.jpg

Seriously, I'd go back to the raw file and check the wb - the shot is worth it.

Last edited:
You could very well be right Cedric.......(y)

Karen, somebody posted something in the "Sorry to Macro Photographers" thread,something that really hit a chord with me. I want to do different stuff,I have myriads of close up bird images.I still feed the area around the hide,yet I tend to sit and watch more than photograph now.I love being sat with the flutter of wings around me,the coal tits chasing each other into the hide and around my head before exiting,the great tits bullying all until the nuthatches arrive,the jays giving it the big I am until the woodies turn up.I do love sitting there and just watching them.

But I want to move away from supersharp close ups,away from seeing every detail in the bird or even animal,away from the norm.
Anyway, I just fancy a change and am quite enjoying doing so..........(y)

No offence intended to anyone at all, just stating where my photography is and where I want it to go.

I know where you are coming from with just watching the birds,I can sit for hours just watching there little antics you need to take time out and watch you learn so much by doing so.That LTT I have just posted is on a natural perch where lots were growing and I was watching the LTT's laughing at their behaviour and that is when I captured that image with its beak wide open am looking forward to Norfolk where i hope to get some nice habitat shots it will be a change

I know where you are coming from with just watching the birds,I can sit for hours just watching there little antics you need to take time out and watch you learn so much by doing so.That LTT I have just posted is on a natural perch where lots were growing and I was watching the LTT's laughing at their behaviour and that is when I captured that image with its beak wide open am looking forward to Norfolk where i hope to get some nice habitat shots it will be a change

And I know where both of you are coming from :D Reminds me of the time I was in search of the KF, nothing doing for the first few outings but just watching a little Wren from a distance was enough to make the time there worthwhile. The weather, the sounds of the birds, and even the deadly silent moments are all things a photograph cannot portray to anybody else but yourself :)

Back