HDR/CS2 problem

andy_fozzy

SPAM Merchant
Name
Andy!
Edit My Images
Yes
Amongst others :D
What I'm trying to do is use 1 RAW image for HDR.
I adjust the exposure in ACR to default, one shot +1 and one shot -1 giving me 3 shots. One normal, one over and one under exposed.

But when I use CS2 to compose a HDR shot, I always get the reply, there is not enough dynamic range in these photo's to construct a useful HDR image.

But when I use the in camera bracketing, JPEG, it gives me a HDR image.

:shrug:

Any advice?

It works in CS4 (I just tried it) I haven't got CS2 to try. Download Dynamic photo HDR (and use the free trial) IMHO it does a much better job than PS anyway. FDR tools have a free HDR version which isn't bad either. Wayne

It works in CS4 (I just tried it) I haven't got CS2 to try. Download Dynamic photo HDR (and use the free trial) IMHO it does a much better job than PS anyway. FDR tools have a free HDR version which isn't bad either. Wayne

I wish I could afford a copy of CS4. Or even CS3 for that matter :(
Just downloaded Dynamic, I'll give it a try later on, and FDR.

Cheers mate (y)

CS2 Reads the exif info from the individual images you have produced from the same raw image, and of course they all have the same exposure readings, hence the there is not enough dynamic range message.

If you strip the exposure info out of the produced images ,you will need a program that can do this or paste your image onto a blank document so there is no exif info. CS will then ask you to manualy specify a exposure difference between the images.

Back