HDR Winter scene

JPS

Edit My Images
Yes
This HDR lark has made me view my photos in a different way. Before, I'd delete any photos that I didn't think I could do anything with - but now I run most of them through the HDR treatment to see what can be salvaged,

This first photo is as it came out of the camera - no sharpening, no nothing (just resize for web site) I was about to bin it when I thought of trying HDR on it. Just made three copies of it at -2, 0 and +2ev and then let the software take over. Did a few tweaks afterwards. I am quite impressed with the result. I know there's a bit of a glow around the trees on the left but I think the scene works ok.

Treebefore.jpg

HDRTrees1.jpg

Well saved, you've learnt an important lesson I feel. ;)

it's amazing the difference it has made. Just need to try and make some out of camera files rather than ones modded in the software if you amera allows it. Plenty of guides out there and on here. Much better than my first efforts which were a mess.

Yes indeed, good work. I really need to give HDR another shot, for practise and understanding if nothing else.

Nice one:)

Like the original, a couple of minor tweaks and it would sing, second is too overprocessed for my eyes.

Back