"He Is Risen"

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I took these in the chapel at Castle Drogo in Devon.

1) 1/125 f5 iso320 @109mm
IMG_4122.jpg

2) 1/100 f5 iso400 @74mm
IMG_4124.jpg

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome please

I prefer #1, though there is a small part of the arch missing at the top. #2 appears to be slightly off true. I think these images of stained glass windows are great; the whole concept works for me. Well done.

Thanks Russell. I didn't notice the top of the arch (damn), I'll take a look at the original RAW. It was cropped during levelling. I levelled 2 using the bottom edge of the window (I work on the basis that none of my images are level and check them :D, it's normally true) I see what you mean though.

I think both of these would look really super if you could adjust the perspective in photoshop and frame centrally on say a black background. Fantatsic colour in the stained glass, which has come out superbly! :)

Thanks Animal. Thanks for the suggestion Lee, I'll look into it later. I have cropped into the image and lightened a little, I'm sure I could make the windows central, and darken instead, but still keep the glass as is. (y)

Agree with rh1944. About the missing bit of the arch, and the beauty of the stained glass. Both shots seem slightly constrained somehow in the crop or framing, but beautiful light.

Thanks Matthew. I overcropped on the first one before lightening and didn't notice. I was trying to remove as much dead space (real dark) as I could and yet keep the glass, I overdid it a little in the first one. I'm not sure I can crop less on the second one, as once I levelled it I wasn't left with a lot of room to play, but I'll see what I can do with the original RAW's.

Hello
just thought to say again how much I love the light in these shots.
You have inspired me to have a go at shooting stained glass.
Thanks

Thank you very much, you've also reminded me I need to have another go at the edit.... Good luck on the glass shots, and look foward to seeing the results.

Thank you very much Toothie

Back