Head Cleaning...

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
...Tripod heads that is.

Just spent a very hot and dusty weekend in Fort William (trust me, I'm as surprised as everyone else by the weather in Scotland this weekend ;o)

However my 486rc2 head, along with the rest of my kit, is in need of a clean. I've figured out how to take it apart but can't find any service instructions online.

Does anyone know if I should lightly grease the ball or not? (and what type of grease etc?)

Ta

...Tripod heads that is.

Just spent a very hot and dusty weekend in Fort William (trust me, I'm as surprised as everyone else by the weather in Scotland this weekend ;o)

However my 486rc2 head, along with the rest of my kit, is in need of a clean. I've figured out how to take it apart but can't find any service instructions online.

Does anyone know if I should lightly grease the ball or not? (and what type of grease etc?)

Ta

Not sure I can help mate. I have (read HAD) two tripods, both manfrotto, both with balls.

I think my balls are pretty greasy, I mean in your hand, you could get some good movement going, I am almost certain there would be no stiffness were you to handle them :D

:coat:

Gary.

Not sure I can help mate. I have (read HAD) two tripods, both manfrotto, both with balls.

I think my balls are pretty greasy, I mean in your hand, you could get some good movement going, I am almost certain there would be no stiffness were you to handle them :D

:coat:

Gary.

Corr, there is so many things in there people could take the wrong way. Or could be like me and now CAN'T see though the water rolling out my eye's :LOL:

Damm that made me laugh (y)

by the way, welcome to the forum - it's a very nice place and usually serious, - I could resist with this one though.

Gary!

:bang::bang:

But did you use a water or petroleum based grease?
I wouldn't want to damage sensitive equipment with the wrong lubricant!

Back