head for Feisol 3441s

Edit My Images
No
Hi, Just treated myself to a Feisol 3441s travel tripod. It's on it's way from Taiwan as we speak. I didn't get the Feisol head as it didn't seam to get the best write up. Has anyone bought this pod and can give suggestions for a head that fits. It's for a 400d with no bigger than 200mm lens. Ideally would need to still be able to fold the legs up. Thanks

Hi John-oh
Mines not arrived yet, guess the bank holiday delayed things. Did you have to pay any import/vat on delivery? I've heard it can be hit and miss if they bother.
Yes everyone seems to recommend the acratech. don't think it will fold up properly though because of the width. what is the width of the feisol head?

cheers

No, nothing further to pay.

The head is about 40mm diameter, fits on the column exactly, looks like this when folded :
img%5D
IMG_1350sml.jpg

Here's another :
img%5D

IMG_1345sml.jpg

I also ordered spikes and the additional short centre column to allow spreading the legs and dropping close to floor level. I also ordered some additional quick release jobbies, as these are non standard and I always lose them.

wow, that's a neat head, wish I'd got one with it now, i think I may struggle to get another make that allows it to fold flat like that. I guess I can order the head seperately but will have to pay again for shipping.

Many thanks for the info.

Just had a letter from parcel force requesting £46 for vat and admin before they deliver.
Guess I was one of the unluck ones.

Back