Critique head on shot

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
I got this lovely dragonfly today, really nice weather and luckily not too far from a lake so a few of these about.
Just got to love the smiley face on these guys, not sure on ID.
View attachment 38917
This 2nd shot is in fact not a crop of the above.
What a lovely face it has.
View attachment 38919
Thanks for looking and any C&C is welcome.
More shots over on my Flickr

Superb Graham. You nailed it... even the dragonfly is happy about it :D
Excellent focus m8, quality.

Paul.
Thanks Bryn and Paul, 1st shot is not a crop, all I have done is played about with colour curve and some saturation.
Seems like a good day for me and shots, I'm really pleased with the outcome of this dragonfly.
Thanks for your comments, always appreciated.

Wow thanks matt, a comment like that is truely appreciated coming from you :D:D:D:D

That second shot is "Excellent" Graham.(y)

George.

That second shot is "Excellent" Graham.(y)

George.
Amazingly. Sharp very nice
Thanks George, as above, appreciated :)
Thanks Kevin, its taken me 1.5 yrs to get where you have got in 3 weeks :D (how's that work out) o_O
Really, thanks for the comment. (y)

Great shot - I'm trying to get macro sussed - its not as easy as I thought though :)

Great shot - I'm trying to get macro sussed - its not as easy as I thought though :)
Hi Jules and thanks, not easy at all, the shutter count will go through the roof (mine did) but it's great fun looking for and getting "that" shot, look forward to seeing some of your photos soon.

I have been very lucky Graham to have had two great teachers who I think are fantastic lincs birder Roger hatcliffe.and Mark Johnson look them up you will be amazed?
Thanks and I'll do that tomorrow.

Yeah - I need to spend a lot more time with the camera but the macro world fascinates me :)
Got a Tamron 90mm and a 20mm extension tube and a LED ring flash so got the basics.

Yeah - I need to spend a lot more time with the camera but the macro world fascinates me :)
Got a Tamron 90mm and a 20mm extension tube and a LED ring flash so got the basics.
That's a great setup so should be seeing some shots tomorrow :rolleyes:

Very Nice- I think it's a Female Common Darter

Les

Congrats Graham! Great work, the close up is particularly good. Love it!
Superb shots Graham, very jealous indeed!
Very Nice- I think it's a Female Common Darter

Les
Excellent Graham - love getting them head on myself - this one really nice.(y)

Thanks all very much, not until I got home and looked on the PC even my jaw dropped :eek: shame I don't have any stacking programs as I'm sure I got some shots that would work well.

Nice shot Graham

wonderful shot, detail is incredible and focus nailed right on the little guys eyeballs, top work!

Try CombineZP for free. Or even trial of Zerene / Helicon work for 30 days.

Photoshop CS4 on has stacking - not sure what you use for image editing.
Hi Chris, I think I tried CombineZP and couldnt get on with it, I have tried Zerene but free trial now over and I thought it was a nice easy programe too.
I use GIMP and Microsoft Picture it 10, I dont have a clue about using either of them for stacking but im sure its possible.
Thanks for the comment/help

The second one is awesome Graham(y)(y)(y) I have never be able to get great shots of these.
With the lake you have in your garden im surprised you dont have them all day. :D

Brilliant shot. I like the first one but the second shows so much detail! Well done. :)

Back