Hedghog photography!!

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I have a hedgehog that visits our garden and would like to get some photos of it! Are there any tips that may help? Will have to use a flash i assume what Iso would be best ect ect!!
Thanks!!

Hi, a lot depends on time of day ,weather and what lenses you have available etc .me personaly i would like a early morning shot hopefully with the sun just over my right shoulder...as low a iso as possible ,maybe no more than 800 iso and a POV were i can get as low down as possible to get those tiny eyes in focus ,also depends on what background you have as well....i only have one Hedgehog shot and it was a side shot just before i picked him up and put him on the verge from the middle of the road .
Saved Hedgehog by den9112, on Flickr.....as you can see from this shot how important it is to get those eyes in focus (not like this one ) as they are so tiny

Last edited:
What a cute shot! My little visitor is a night walker and he seems to have white spray paint on him which is odd! Will have a go and see what I can do!! Thanks

Funny you should mention this.

I get a few each night that come to eat the slugs out the back.

The dogs find them and I have to rescue them before it gets ugly and I was thinking of trying some photographs myself.

Problem is I never get them during the day.

Back