weekly HelenC's 52 for 2024. Week 16: Empty

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
I meant to post yesterday but I seem to have lost a gift voucher for a photography workshop which has been misplaced... ie put somewhere so "safe" that I can't find it! I've at least had a good tidy up in my office but it looks like it's definitely awol...
Anyway, taken a couple of days ago on a local walk. Just about sums up the varied weather we have at the moment.

PW6A7290 by Helen Cannon, on Flickr

Love that light! Nice one :)

Nice composition with the threatening sky, sunlit field and the trees in between.

WOW, great start.

I might be time to clean the rest of the house! LOL hope you find the voucher as well

Cracking shot, great light!

Hope you find the voucher - if it's for a small outfit, might they have a replacement process?

Lovely scene which should have lambs there soon, Hope the voucher turns up, I’ve spent many hours searching for the safe place for lots of things

Lovely light! Its it too early to say spring is on the way?
Just saying... I'm a chef at the University of Scranton and I love saying that I'm going back to work for the Spring Semester! So, no. LOL

Love that light! Nice one :)

Seen a few images thus far where it has been nice and bright. It's just been grey here :-(

Hope you find the voucher.
The shot shows the weather front really well and allows for quite a stark difference between some of the sky and the light on the woolly jumpers.

Nice composition with the threatening sky, sunlit field and the trees in between.

WOW, great start.

I might be time to clean the rest of the house! LOL hope you find the voucher as well

Cracking shot, great light!

Hope you find the voucher - if it's for a small outfit, might they have a replacement process?

Lovely light! Its it too early to say spring is on the way?

Lovely scene which should have lambs there soon, Hope the voucher turns up, I’ve spent many hours searching for the safe place for lots of things

A lovely tranquil scene with beautiful light.

Agreeing with all the comments. Cracking start!!

I too agree with the comments. Great light.

Great catch for the weather & light - at least one of the sheep was paying attention!

Just saying... I'm a chef at the University of Scranton and I love saying that I'm going back to work for the Spring Semester! So, no. LOL

Great contrast between the storm front and the foreground.

Well spotted and taken.
Thanks for the lovely comments folks and for taking the time to drop by. I should be able to get a replacement voucher so not too much panic...

Two great images to begin your year Helen. I really like the weather contrast in your first photo. One of those "ah, this is the UK" images. So well spotted and shot.

I also like the "hard" frost. The square composition works well for a subject like this where abstract is king. It could be rotated through all four points and would still work.

(y)

Liking your frost image. I would have been tempted to get the macro gear out and get in close. Having said that, I would also need to go to the Pyrenees to get anywhere near frost.

On a catch up already! I've been away for a while and missed posting last week... was aiming for "soft light" but we didn't get any light at all, just dull flat grey.
Over to the Broads/Norfolk.

Week 3: Soft. I loved the soft green of this door on a thatched boat house

PW6A7621 by Helen Cannon, on Flickr

Too good shots Helen. In fact Soft would have ticked Water too :)

Nice light on soft
Water shot is lovely, could put that on a wall though the post thing at the end might get annoying .:)

Both images are awesome. Love the green door

Lovely clear reflection on Soft but week 4 steals all the glory, it's a stunning image.

Looking at them I do think Water looks softer and Soft looks more watery.

Love the Water shot!

Too good shots Helen. In fact Soft would have ticked Water too :)

Was going to say the same

Your take on Water is a stunning shot. Really like that one.

Gorgeous, mono really suits it too.

Nice light on soft
Water shot is lovely, could put that on a wall though the post thing at the end might get annoying .:)

Lovely work, long exposure isn't something I have tried much.

Both images are awesome. Love the green door

Lovely water shot! Loving the minimalism, the long exposure and the use of mono. Thats one to print and display I'd say.

Two really lovely images, with the second for water being my favourite.

Cracking water shot.

Amazing shot for water, and a great reflection in your soft pic

Lovely clear reflection on Soft but week 4 steals all the glory, it's a stunning image.

Looking at them I do think Water looks softer and Soft looks more watery.

A lovely long exposure shot Helen. It works nicely in black and white.

Two fab shots Helen. Love the reflections in Soft, but the water one is magic!

Thanks for the lovely comments... I can spend hours playing with settings for long exposures - as I did on this occasion!

Back