Hello all in transport :)

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello All
I am new here and transport will probably be where I am a bit <g> as an idea of type of stuff I do here are 3 shots.The 1st is the cockpit of an F15 low flying in Mid wales
4655703597_34479ec72f.jpg

The second is 2 of my passions lols its a Stannier Black 5 on the Llangollen Railway. why 2 passions? Its taken from my 15 metre mast to get a different perspective
4622395721_6d7e5ae675.jpg

Lastly FMX super star Jamie Squibb He has used a lot of my shots as have AirRaid FMX
4612161017_eb66ee086d.jpg

Hope you approve and HI :)
Allan

Hi Toni thanks for the welcome :) The mast is nice and easy to operate but a little heavier than I expected lols but that is probably me not being very bright and thinking how heavy and thick the lower poles would be and the quadpod that holds it. Once set up its a joy to use and quite easy. The camera sits on a motorised unit which pans and tilts the camera this is operated by a remote you have at the base.The camera is operated using The Canon Eos utility supplied free and if you like a long usb cable ( its actualy 4 USB cables lol ) into a laptop The only thing you cannot alter is the zoom on a lens (well with my 7D ) but I do not find that a problem as I can set it up near enough from the base.This was it set up to take the shot higher up the thread

4551842644_0a3e089632.jpg

4551842278_ce54cb8b4c.jpg

if there is anything I have missed or anything else you want to know please ask :)

4516231236_6a3a3b084d.jpg

Allan

Hi Allan,
Welcome aboard and look forward to seeing more of your photos.
Very interesting idea re mast,thought at first it was in your back garden.
Must be heavy thing to lug about ,so guessing you don't take that up Cad West.

Pons

Hi Elvis and Thanks :)
Chris you are spot on about mast and Cad West lol although i am not sure what advantage I would get if I did lol also although it pans it dont pan as quick as the jets lol It is possible to move it a way the problem would be if its a fair way away from the car I would need two of us one to carry mast the second to carry laptop and camera equipment. I have been looking around the forum its a great place glad I was invited :) Think and hope I am going to make lots of new friends here :)
Allan

Hi Alan and welcome to TP I look forward to seeing some more of your mast photo's they do definitely add to the photo's (y)

Rofl Cheesy if I ever got that mast up Cad i would need 22 sqdn and a defibrillator on stand by thanks for the welcome :)

Back