Hello - another newb

• Thread starter Deleted member 90866
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 90866

Old newbie joining up. Have been through Canon 10d, then EOS M3 with 15-45 kit, 22mm and 55-250mm EF-S. I'm replacing all of that. (And I keep an RX100 ii as a point-n-squirt camera).

Joining to help decide on the next step. I'll likely buy used and I'm tempted by the Fujifilm X-T1, or just possibly the Sony A7 ii.

Hi, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Old newbie joining up. Have been through Canon 10d, then EOS M3 with 15-45 kit, 22mm and 55-250mm EF-S. I'm replacing all of that. (And I keep an RX100 ii as a point-n-squirt camera).

Joining to help decide on the next step. I'll likely buy used and I'm tempted by the Fujifilm X-T1, or just possibly the Sony A7 ii.

Welcome to TP Goldtop, now that's either milk bottle top or a Les Paul guitar??

I use Sony equuipment and you'll not go far wrong with a Sony Mirrorless camera - other opinions will be voiced in the not too distant - Of that I'm sure

Best advice: go to a Photographic outlet and try a few :)_ see what suits you and your budget

Les

Thanks Les and GKJ. Les, you are right about the Les Paul. Been playing it badly for many years now! There is a camera shop in town and even a John Lewis if I want to try how different sizes handle. For what it's worth, the 10d was OK size/weight-wise for my needs.

Will now search for the A7-related thread and do some reading.

Hi and welcome to the forum (y)

I changed to the Fuji system, X-T2, fab camera, you won't be dissapointed (y)

Thanks Les and GKJ. Les, you are right about the Les Paul. Been playing it badly for many years now! There is a camera shop in town and even a John Lewis if I want to try how different sizes handle. For what it's worth, the 10d was OK size/weight-wise for my needs.

Will now search for the A7-related thread and do some reading.

I shoot with a Sony a7ii and a Sony a7Rii plus so many lenses :)

I also have a few guitars- 1 x Fender Stratocaster. 2x Fender Telecaster's. 1x Gibson 335. 1x Gibson Flying V . !x Gibson Les Paul 1958 re-issue in Sunburst & one brass bodied Dobro for slide, Which I like to Photograph as its lovely....

svTwfyE.jpg

I play in a Blues Band :

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
I shoot with a Sony a7ii and a Sony a7Rii plus so many lenses :)

I also have a few guitars- 1 x Fender Stratocaster. 2x Fender Telecaster's. 1x Gibson 335. 1x Gibson Flying V . !x Gibson Les Paul 1958 re-issue in Sunburst & one brass bodied Dobro for slide, Which I like to Photograph as its lovely....

svTwfyE.jpg

I play in a Blues Band :

Les

Very nice, our collections overlap quite a bit. Guitars definitely lend themselves to tasteful photography. :)

Very nice, and a reminder (once my new camera arrives) that I need to take some 'sexy' shots to advertise the guitars I'm selling off. :(

There's a '55 goldtop that has lovely patina to capture. Not sure how to light that - I know that pop-up flash wipes out so much detail. I may steal be inspired by your composition ideas, as well! ;)

Back