Hello Everyone

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here after browsing on the outside for a while now.

I am using a Canon Ixus 60 camera at the moment, I will probably be looking for a dslr camera around this time next year as I am thinking of taking photography more seriously, gives me plenty of time to choose one!

I will probably looking for a Canon EOS 30d or Nikon D80, or i am tempted to buy a camera with dust & water seals, such as the Pentax K10D, or something similiar (Decisions! Decisions!) :thinking:

I don't know much about settings at the moment, I must start using the manual settings on my Ixus rather than using auto all the time.

If anyone on here could recommend a suitable magazine or website where I could pick up tips on manual settings, reviews, etc I would be grateful.

If anyone here is keen on home brewing, click on the uk-homebrew link in my signature to view my website, I took all the photos on there with my Ixus, the other link in my signature, hordenlife is my sons website about our home village. Most of the photos on there are borrowed with permission, the photos on the Denemouth page were taken by me with my Ixus.

Any recommendations will be welcomed, along with any comments on my website photos.

Welcome to the forum Horden Hillbilly.

With regard to websites or magazines i would recomend here and maybe a mag like practical photography and maybe even a good book like understanding exposure.

Also as im a canon lover i would recomend the 30d out of the 2 you mention although knowing canon there will be all sorts of new releases by then so i would worry about the camera closer to the time.

Cheers antc,

I did not think about a book, I may give the local library a visit. Could someone please recommend any other good books to look out for please, thanks.

Hi and welcome Horden Hillbilly :wave:

Your just down the road from me :)

Been there done that with the homebrew! Still got some demijohns in the loft.

My beer comes in cans with ring pulls these days :)

Welcome to the forums.

Back