Hello Everyone

Edit My Images
No
Hello, I am Marie from Nottingham. I have just bought a canon eos 350d slr camera and haven't used it much. I am a complete novice. The only camera I used before this one on a regular basis was the camera on my phone. I would really like to get into photography and would probably benefit from talking to someone in my area who knows more than I do about cameras.:thinking:

Have I been a little adventurous buying this camera or will I get the hang of all it's features? :nuts:

Welcome, Marie. The great thing about photography is there is always something new to learn. I would suggest you just get out and take photos. It's important that you get familiar with the camera. There are lots of web-based resources where you can read up on various aspects of photography.Read the tutorials etc on this forum and elsewhere. Use this forum to ask whatever questions you have and don't worry if you think they are silly questions. We all have to start somewhere. Best of luck.

Oh - and you made an excellent choice when you bought the camera. Work through the manual and practise using its features. It costs nothing to take digital photos. Buy a 1Gb or 2Gb CompactFlash card as the one supplied with the camera is rather small.

Hi and welcome :wave:

Hi,
I am a beginner too, the great thing with digital is you can practise at virtually no cost! So just take photos and read all you can. I have had great fun!

Duncan

Thanks for the welcomes and advice. I have been mainly taking pictures of one of my cats. I have also been out to take night shots, but only successfully managed one shot. I will be taking more over the next few weeks. I didn't get a manual with the camera as it was second hand, I have a downloaded manual, but prefer to have the manual in my hands when reading it, so I bought a book, The Pip Expanded Guide To The Canon EOS 350D/Digital Rebel XT. It seems to do the job, however I do not have a tripod, which this book recommends.

Hello :)

You will pick up loads of useful stuff reading here and the mists will clear ;)

Back