Hello from beautiful California!

Edit My Images
No
Hello friends, just joined the forum and liking what I see so far. I’m one of the many refugees from POTN who are looking for a new home after the announcement that POTN will shut down soon.

I grew up near Chicago but have lived on the US West Coast in the states of Oregon and California for the last 34 years. My main photographic subjects are birds, hence my username! I am an engineer by profession, working on semiconductors and optics. I hope to retire in the next couple of years at which point I can devote 100% of my time to acquiring photographic equipment well in excess of my skill level! :D

Hope to participate, learn, and contribute here! I know that the sights (and birds) I photograph may be unusual to the largely UK-based members here but nevertheless, I hope you’ll find my contributions interesting.

Hello friends, just joined the forum and liking what I see so far. I’m one of the many refugees from POTN who are looking for a new home after the announcement that POTN will shut down soon.

I grew up near Chicago but have lived on the US West Coast in the states of Oregon and California for the last 34 years. My main photographic subjects are birds, hence my username! I am an engineer by profession, working on semiconductors and optics. I hope to retire in the next couple of years at which point I can devote 100% of my time to acquiring photographic equipment well in excess of my skill level! :D

Hope to participate, learn, and contribute here! I know that the sights (and birds) I photograph may be unusual to the largely UK-based members here but nevertheless, I hope you’ll find my contributions interesting.
Welcome to TP. We look forward to seeing your photographs.

Hmm. Were you Scrumhalf in another life?

Hmm. Were you Scrumhalf in another life?
Indeed. That is my username on POTN. I think I mentioned it in the POTN thread but forgot to add it here. I’m Scrumhalf on POTN and FM but since my rugby days are sadly behind me, I figured it would be pretty inaccurate to refer to myself as such. I still talk a lot and have a pretty high opinion of myself and my ideas, though. You can take the guy out of the 9 jersey but some things die hard lol…

Welcome to TP @West Coast Birder , looking forward to seeing your images inn due course. As an ex-prop forward, I can relate to the rugby history (but that was a lifetime ago).

Hi, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Back