Hello from Devon

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
No
Hey everyone I'm from Devon and enjoy a bit of hobby photography from time to time. Sometimes I don't pick up the camera for months, then sometimes I can't put it down. I'm on the latter part of that cycle at the moment, hence why joining here to read up on a few things.

Currently got a 6D mk2 which is mainly for landscapes however I sometimes enjoy a bit of high speed photography and there-in lies my "want" for a mirrorless camera as I find mirror lag most annoying, yes I do lock the mirror up but I find it such an onerous task to shoot that way.

Prices for cameras now have gone crazy! I'm looking at the Canon R7 as I will probably find it more useful for the high speed stuff than my 6D mk2, especially with the R7 having the faster mechanical shutter at 1/8000th opposed to the 1/4000th of my 6Dmk2. I do love the Full Frame goodness so I am wondering if I am completely out of my mind to even contemplate "downgrading?" to a APS-C sensor...

And the fact there aren't really any decent lenses purpose built for the APS-C RF mount, I do have some nice glass already in my collection with a EF-RF adaptor however that 32Mp crop sensor is probably going to need some top quality glass to satisfy the sensor resolution. Maybe my Sigma 10-20 EF-s mount lens is good enough?

Thanks for reading and here's wishing you all some gorgeous light for your next trip to wherever you're visiting with your cameras!

Hi, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Thanks very much, I've just dipped my toes in the water and shared a couple of images. The Canon EOS R thread is huge and it will probably take me a few months to read it all!

Welcome to the forum Brian, good luck with your search for high speed (y)
:fuji:

Back