Midlands Hello from Northants!

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, but not to photography in general (although I am no professional!). I live in Northamptonshire and am a full time photo retoucher.

I had been on a bit of a photography hiatus until recently, until I 'discovered' Fuji X series cameras. Long story short, I have been a long time canon shooter mainly, but I am now an enthusiastic mirrorless owner! I love my little X-T10 and it has made me enjoy photography again. (although I still keep a battered old Canon 40D which I plan on turning into a macro rig soon).

I'd looked at a couple of other forums to join recently, but this was seemed by far the most friendly, and active - so here I am. Be gentle! :LOL:

Hi Gareth, enjoy the forum :welcome:

Hi Gareth, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Hi Gareth and welcome - I've recently bought a good copy 40D and it's an excellent camera - especially coupled with a good lens.

Thank you! Yes the 40D is a classic. I've had mine for years, and it is still in great shape. I Have had many other cameras since I first got the 40D, but i've always kept that, as a Macro set up. It is what I would recommend to anyone that wanted to learn photography on a very tight budget. For less than £150 you get a fantastic DSLR with magnesium alloy body, great Image quality (apart from the modest ISO performance). What's not to love! :)

Hello and a very warm welcome to you.

Useful Sections for New Members (click links)

> The Help section contains some good general information about how we do things around here and how the forum works.
> FAQs and Guides can be found here.
> Forum Help and Support is there for you to ask questions and get one to one support if you're having problems finding your way around or working out how to do things.
> Link up with other photographers in your area for local events and days out in Meeting Place.
> Or maybe you fancy a challenge . . . Take a look at some of the organised TP challenges and competitions here.

Welcome to the Forum Gareth, I also have a 40D, probably taken some of my best shots on it over the years, look forward to seing some of yur work.

Hi Gareth and a warm welcome to TP.
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)

Back