Midlands Hello from Nottinghamshire(ish)

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello there!

I am John, I am 29 and live in Nottinghamshire, kind of. I actually live in Wiltshire at the moment, however I am moving back up north (Yorkshire lad, born and bred!), probably Nottinghamshire, in a few weeks.

I am new to what I would call proper photography, having dealt exclusively with pocket cameras and smartphones previously. I recently got a Fujifulm HS50 'super-zoom' bridge camera and am hoping to use this as a stepping stone to a DSLR in the near future. A DSLR would be utterly wasted on me at the moment, and if I got one without an auto mode, I would have probably given up through frustration already, the camera would be gathering dust or on eBay!

I am getting married in October and have a wonderful honeymoon planned for a road trip across California and Nevada. My goal is to be able to go out there and take some pictures using manual modes that beat what I would have got on Auto (with minimal trial and error!). Hopefully this forum will prove an invaluable resource in preparing me for it.

Anyway, nice to be aboard, I look forward to absorbing as much information from you all and contributing where possible :)

Happy snapping

JB

Hi John, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums."Enjoy".

I am getting married in October and have a wonderful honeymoon planned for a road trip across California and Nevada.

You lucky bas**rd! - not so much about the marriage :LOL::LOL: but the road trip sounds an incredible photographic opportunity - so good luck to both you and your prospective bride!

Hi John, :welcome: to the forum

Hello and a very warm welcome to you John.

Useful Sections for New Members (click links)

> The Help section contains some good general information about how we do things around here and how the forum works.
> FAQs and Guides can be found here.
> Forum Help and Support is there for you to ask questions and get one to one support if you're having problems finding your way around or working out how to do things.
> Link up with other photographers in your area for local events and days out in Meeting Place.
> Or maybe you fancy a challenge . . . Take a look at some of the organised TP challenges and competitions here.

You lucky bas**rd! - not so much about the marriage :LOL::LOL: but the road trip sounds an incredible photographic opportunity - so good luck to both you and your prospective bride!

Haha thanks! The honeymoon should be great, and although the mrs doesn't realise it (yet), some of the itinerary is specifically for the photo ops it should yield! I've just got to get the hassle of the 'wedding' out of the way first! Pft!!

Hi and welcome

I'm new too and started with the HS30 about 4 years ago - wonderful camera and I'm sure you'll enjoy the HS50. And when/if you get the opportunity to go to a DSLR you'll wonder why you didn't start there instead!

We're all different though and many congratulations on your engagement.

Back