Hello From Southport

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Hello Everyone,

Its Saturday evening and thought I would introduce myself before dipping into the forums.
I'm looking at getting back into a bit of photography and learning (re-learning) how to spend hours with equipment that isn't affordable. :)
Popped into a local camera shop whilst waiting for an MOT and found myself drooling over a 5D mkii at £290 which started me on a journey of updating myself on over ten years of progression. Apparently cameras come without mirrors and shoot movies now!!
This has led me to the gateway of this forum where I would like to find out how to make the most of what I have and find a few steers towards what I should be getting and where to get it from.

I found myself really enjoying taking wildlife pictures but would love to be able to take decent portraits and have what were a couple of half decent lenses from about 2005.
The camera system I have is mostly canon having a APS-C sensor body (can't recall what the body is as it's in storage) but always aspired to use a full frame so bought EF lenses on the main.

There is an awful lot of info on here and some frighteningly talented photographers so I'm looking forward to reading lots of techy things and how, those that can, take pictures I aspire to taking.

Thank you for reading and have a great evening,

Mike.

Welcome to TP, there are quite a few of us on here from the north-west and even as far south as Cheshire :)

This is a great place with something for everyone, looking forwards to seeing some of your photos

Thank you Chris,
Cheshire is where I need to retrieve my equipment from and it will be a good while before I offer up some pics but look forward to thinking I have something worthy :)

Hi Mike, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

:welcome:

... it will be a good while before I offer up some pics but look forward to thinking I have something worthy :)
Don't get hung up on the "worthy" thing. Many of us take the view (no pun intended) that merely having a go is to be applauded, and that there is always a way of improving any image you see, because beyond technical competence is the creative flair thing, so it's equally good to create an image that is a great idea but technique could be improved, vs a technically great image that lacks emotional punch or lacks a story.

Hi Mike :welcome: to the forum :)

Thank you all for your welcome,
I'll try and not get hung up and am looking forward to relearning/up dating some of the theory and kit advancements that have occurred but it's really confusing.
When thinking of updating the camera body there is always something just that little bit further forward and before you know it from being wowed by a second hand D5 mark ii to thinking I might need an R6 mark ii or an R5. Clearly I don't but that is what happens and it comes down to what you want and can afford.

If only there was a camera that was full frame, accepts EF lenses and was brilliant at stills, huge FPS and really inexpensive! :)

I hope the creative flare and story telling is something I can pick up as it was always what I was lacking, I blame being an engineer!

Cheers,

Mike.

welcome to the site, see your from the posh end :D Im down in Bootle

Back