hello, im new to the forum

whitewash

Fishy Fingers
Edit My Images
Yes
hi im jamie,
I got sent here by seany (if thats his username here, he knows who he is!)

I'm 23 live in cumbria and have been taking photos on and off for the past 3 years but only seriously for the past year or so. I'm happy shooting most things, ive done some motorsports, wedding but mainly ive done music photography (until moving into the middle of nowhere put pay to that! so im branching out into other areas - im lying under some dirt jumps having loonatics jumping bikes over me this weekend!)

i shoot using a 20D, 50mm f1.8, 85mm f1.8, 580ex and 430ex speedlite (convicted canon kiddie here!) which i really need to supliment with decent wide and telephoto zooms. i also have a minolta x series film slr which doesnt get used very much at all!)

heres some examples of my work
(excuse the photos varying in size and being watermarked, im in the middle of sorting out my webspace at the moment)

nice to make everyones aquaintance

jamie

martin.jpg

RallyGB September 2005

sunset.jpg

Wales July 2005

RES03.jpg

Cumbria September 2005

phonebox.jpg

Wirral Feb 2006

Scarlattitilt03.jpg

Preston, March 2006

------------
www.whitewashimages.co.uk

welcome Jamie :thumb:
nice shots btw

Hi there Jamie, welcome along, ive broken the link on #2 as it is outside the forum rules, but please feel free to resize the image and reinstate the link, 800x pixels is our max!

its good of Seany to point you this way!

welcome to the forum Jamie

Welcome - It looks as if we are going to enjoy having your company.

Welcome. I love shot 2! :clap:

Witch said:
Welcome. I love shot 2! :clap:

that photo involved sitting on a beach for about 2 hours watching the sky change, in the pouring rain, i managed to capture the person standing there whch i think frames the picture quite well, and adds something of interest to a portion of the image whcih would otherwise be a bit empty

Welcome Jamie! :wave2:

Well, you have quite a distinctive processing style with regard to colour and saturation there mate, which is good. :)

The sunset is a bit too much for me, but I like the others - the last two particularly.

yeh i do tend to throw the saturation quite high as i like the nice vivid colours it creates, especially the bright greens on the folliage and the cars. which is strange considering half the images i take i have no intent to use them in any other form but black and white!

the last picture was taken and post processed using fred marindas velvia vision plugin which really brought out the colours in the highlights in her hair and on her workshirt.

i guess my coloration style is quite distinctive, but that might be more to do with the fact i took the rulebook read it and then promptly forgot everything and broke a few rules!

It's OK to break the rules as long as you know what they are in the first place. :D Good distinctive style developing there .... definitely.

Welcome to the forums:wave2:

Some great shots there, look forward to seeing many more:thumb:

:welcome:

Welcome to the forums Jamey, pull up a chair and make yourself comfy :)

Generally I like your work and indeed your saturated colours but on stuff like the Citreon Rally car (and some of the others on your website) the red is obviously way overdone and anyone with a slight interest in motorsport will notice that. Just an opinion and like CT says, as long as you know the rules the next hardest part is knowing when you can break them and get away with it, this case I believe you would have been better not too.

Comments meant in a helpful way, I look forward to seeing more of your work :)

I recognise that sunset and the bridemaids!

Can't believe it has taken you so long to get here :)

Oh and hello ;)

RobertP said:
I recognise that sunset and the bridemaids!

Can't believe it has taken you so long to get here :)

Oh and hello ;)

ive been off the internet properly for about 6 months as ive moved jobs and house (5 months in a bed and breakfast, eughhh!) back now! :woot:

There are some others here into the same stuff as you... think you will like it here :)

Steve said:
Welcome to the forums Jamey, pull up a chair and make yourself comfy :)

Generally I like your work and indeed your saturated colours but on stuff like the Citreon Rally car (and some of the others on your website) the red is obviously way overdone and anyone with a slight interest in motorsport will notice that. Just an opinion and like CT says, as long as you know the rules the next hardest part is knowing when you can break them and get away with it, this case I believe you would have been better not too.

Comments meant in a helpful way, I look forward to seeing more of your work :)

i totally agree, it is over done. although that rediculous level of saturation would be pretty much accurate for this years focus, i should know i have to stare at it out of the window all day and it hurts my eyes!:cool:

whitewash said:
fast cars, fast women and pot noodles?
You were doing fine till you got to the Pot Noodles, welcome :)

Maryport, Alunby, Silouth and all up that coast is a great area. You can get a great icecream in that little shop opposite the car park overlooking the Solway firth in Alunby, cheap Yorkie bars too ;) My parents used to have a static caravan near Silouth and I used that as a base for some of my photography trips on many occasions :)

Steve said:
You can get a great icecream in that little shop opposite the car park overlooking the Solway firth in Alunby, :)

Twentymens WORLD FAMOUS Ice Cream :)

In Marraland - were you there when the dolphin was in the harbour?

I was in the local Infant and Junior schools yesterday, and have a year ticket for the aquarium - go dozens of times a year as its a great place to take the kids. I haven't managed any good shots there - as I don't use flash (it scares the seahorses).

Do you work in the papermill ? like most of the town. - EDIT - Just spotted your occupation - are you out at Dovenby with Malcolm?

Allan

Keltic Ice Man said:
Think you might have a few takers for photographing some of the motors ;) .

Has anyone mentioned, Dovenby Hall used to be a mental hospital?:suspect1:

:)

Allan

yeh i know, the actual hall has been renovated (part of the development agreement) and is the offices etc. and other buildings ahve been renovated, however other parts such as the infirmary still exist as they were and are used for storage, there are rotten padded cells etc, rows of hospital toilets etc still there. eventually im sure they'll get developed but until then its quite eery to see smashed up focus chassis etc stored in such strange surroundings

im starting to think that everyone around here is connected with m-sport, if they didnt build the workshops, they worked at the mental hospital or had previously been a patient there, either that or they know malcolm!

Back