Hello , ...it's me !

Edit My Images
Yes
Excuse the title . I suppose I'd best introduce myself too having appeared from out of the blue and had a a couple of posts on here already in the last few hours .

I'm 61 yrs old now , live in a parish called Saddleworth in the Pennines which is sandwiched between the towns of Oldham and Huddersfield, and have always been into photography in one way or another .

The main passion since art school days being stereo photography , and I have a mountain of stereo slides I'd love to digitilize but have discovered it's such a fag to scan even one slide that I don't suppose I'll bother . A quitter too !

Another passion is the sky and the great beyond . Recently have tried to get going in Astro-photography but , aside from the expense , it's a heck of a learning curve . The great bugbear is image processing at which I seem to be a total dunce but is so vital .

Here's a link to my telescope making site : http://www.freewebs.com/brucemills/index.htm ..it needs the visitors ! ( I think I'm allowed to do this ? )

Anyway I've a feeling I'll be dropping by here again in the future . You all seem to a good bunch . Demon picture takers too ! :)

Bruce

Hallo Bruce.. welcome to TPF!

Good solid man's name that. Unlike mine.

Just been looking at your scope. Nice piece of engineering... but where are the pictures of far away things??

Oh and Hello :)

Thanks for the welcome everyone . Appreciate it .

Just been looking at your scope. Nice piece of engineering... but where are the pictures of far away things??

Oh and Hello :)

Thanks , but yes , you're right , where are the pics of faraway things ? It wounds to me say so but I don't appear to be able to grasp the fundamentals of astro image processing in the modern age . The innumerable 'Darks' , ' Flats ' , ' Bias ' and actual frames that are taken per actual pic to group and stack in a sandwich then process to subtract guiding errors and all the modern day blights of light pollution etc..
DSLR's are catching up with CCD's in terms of quality nowadays , and I wish I could grasp some of it , but , for a fact my images upto now are mediocre at best . The cloud free nights to practise in are few and far between these days .
For a thicko : it's a tough one is astrophotography !

Bruce

Hi and welcome :wave:

hullo

Local to me then (Stalybridge, but trying to move back to Mossley when i can afford it!!)

:wave: welcome :)

Howdy Bruce :)

It is assumed throughout that you will be familiar with the principle of the 'Newtonian' type of telescope .
:thinking: Some bed time reading for me prehaps :D

Back