Hello

A

AJK

Hi my name is andrew, im a friend of Matts. Im looking to get either a sony alpha or a 400D. I would be grateful for advice!

Hello and Welcome, go for the 400d, or if you want to venture on the dark side have a look at a nikon equivelant.:) :wave:

Us Canon owners will advise a Canon.

Them Nikon owners will advise a Nikon.

Go to a shop a try them out. You may not like the feel of the one recommended to you. A lot of it is down to personal choice.

I already told him that how it feels in your hand is pretty much the only difference between the brands. Andrew has tried out an alpha and liked the steady shot ability that it has - it lets you take night shots handheld on long exposures :eek: Very noisy when it does that though.

Obviously I'd recommend the 400D because :canon:, you could even borrow my lenses (maybe not the 100-400 though :cautious: )

But :welcome: to Talk Photography :D and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Matt

Hello and :welcome: to TP Forums Andrew ... enjoy (y)

And whatever you do about a camera it makes absolute sense to 'try before you buy' ... ;)

Even if :nikon: above all else ... :D

:p

:welcome:

Hi Andrew, and Welcome to TPF :wave:

As mentioned, go to your local Jessops and try all in your price bracket for ergonomics, quality, spec, the find the place with the best price - I'll often spend all day walking around with it so comfort is just as important as any other feature (y)

(y) welcome (y)

:canon:

welcome along

Hi, and welcome. Was trying to figure out which Matt you knew - there are hundreds of Matts here :)

Back