Critique Hells Bells

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
What a really nice day it was here in the south, lowish sun and really warm.
So, I got a few surprises today when out and about.

#1 tbh I`ve not a clue although Im sure they come from the Strawberry trees we have here if I remember right.
Really nice little bell like flower and this bunch had this faint reddish to them.
View attachment 24071

#2 A grass hopper, still loads about here.
View attachment 24072

#3 A Red admiral ? shame it was a bit damaged on the wing, Looks like it was catching some of that afternoon low sun.
View attachment 24073

#4 My fav for the day, again loads still about along with some damsels, ID, No idea. :(:banghead:
View attachment 24180
Thanks for looking and any C&C is welcome.

Last edited:
Serious underexposure on these china, particularly 2 and 4.

Serious underexposure on these china, particularly 2 and 4.

Thanks Bash :) I did try to Brighten the hopper more but way past my experience with PP :banghead:
The Dragon was taken in the sun and again I did try to brighten it up.
Your welcome to have a go for me if you like (y)

I agree with @BRASH about the under exposure, but I also think that if they were upped on the exposure, the highlights would be blown to bits - have you tried the shadows/highlights options in PS/lightroom to bring back the detail in the darker areas graham?

I agree with @BRASH about the under exposure, but I also think that if they were upped on the exposure, the highlights would be blown to bits - have you tried the shadows/highlights options in PS/lightroom to bring back the detail in the darker areas graham?
If Lightroom would run on a bloody 32 stoopid bit machine I would have used lightroom, as it is I use GIMP2 and try what I can.
As for the Hopper yes it did blow the highlights so I left it as I thought best.
Thanks Carl.

You can use selective dodging and burning. You don't have to up the exposure for the whole image.

You can use selective dodging and burning. You don't have to up the exposure for the whole image.
@BRASH Is the last one better now?
Thanks for the pointers to Dodge and Burn.

Back