Help displaying pictures on plasma tv

Edit My Images
Yes
Wonder if anyone can tell me if I'm doing anything wrong here. I'm trying to display pictures from my 450D on a Panasonic 37PX70 plasma tv but they are coming up in B&W.

I have connected the cable out of the camera into the component input on the tv. If anyone knows what else could cause the problem it would be very much appreciated.

Think it will be something simple I've missed because I've tried every combination I can think of.

Choccy...

The lead will be right.

Couple of things to check.....

Is there an option for output in PAL or NTSC, if so select PAL.

The TV 'may' be on AV2/S rather than AV2, and this will give a b&w picture. Scan through the inputs manually.

Thanks will try that. I did change the Pal/NTSC settings but no luck.

As chilli said, if the tv is looking for an S-video input on te AV in, it'll display as black and white

you mentioned component input? Pretty sure you need a composite input - yellow plug to yellow phono socket on whatever the appropriate input reference is.

HTH

Wonder if anyone can tell me if I'm doing anything wrong here. I'm trying to display pictures from my 450D on a Panasonic 37PX70 plasma tv but they are coming up in B&W.

I have connected the cable out of the camera into the component input on the tv. If anyone knows what else could cause the problem it would be very much appreciated.

Think it will be something simple I've missed because I've tried every combination I can think of.

Choccy...

You need to connect the camera to the Composite connector not the Component.

Look for three sockets together RED, WHITE & YELLOW

Red & White are audio and Yellow is composite

Paul

There is no composite input just component, PC, HDMI and scart. Is there a way to run it through V+ box.

My father inlaw has his running through a dvd recorder.

Choccy...

I wonder if the scart will take composite via an adapter? If so, get yourself one - it looks like a large scart plug with 3 phono sockets at the opposite edge (red, white, yellow).

Couldn't say about a V+ box, but chances are if it has the same composite input (the yellow socket, plus red and white ones for audio) then you might be able to use that. But you will need to put the v+ box onto the appropriate input to see the signal.

According to the specs it does have a Composite input. Is it on the front under a pop-down panel like the 42PV500 (one i have)?

Chris

Back