Help! I dropped my 18-70 lens!

Edit My Images
Yes
I picked up my kit bag which had not been closed properly and my lens fell 3-4 feet onto tarmac. The end of the lens now wobbles and when I rotate the lens to zoom it gets stuck. Has anyone got advice on the best (cheapest) way to get this repaired?

Am I better off flogging it as damaged on ebay and buying a new lens?

I picked up my kit bag which had not been closed properly and my lens fell 3-4 feet onto tarmac. The end of the lens now wobbles and when I rotate the lens to zoom it gets stuck. Has anyone got advice on the best (cheapest) way to get this repaired?

Am I better off flogging it as damaged on ebay and buying a new lens?

Can I be honest with you? I took my 18-70 to bits recently, as it had jammed up between 35mm and 70mm.

Yes, they are very fidly inside, but it's just like a lego set (minus the instructions!). Most likely, one of the 4 white plastic clips that sit in the runners has dropped out (what happened to mine) and causing the barrel to click and warp?

If you do go down this avenue, be cautious at first with the M/AF button as the wiring is so delicate it's near impossible to solder if you break it. Everything does come out though fairly easily :)

Best of luck!

I wouldn't even know how to go about tackling it myself. Mind you if the consensus is that it's beyond economic repair then I've nothing to lose. Now where's my toolbox ...

Fixation are probably as good as anywhere to get a reliable repair.

FIXATION

Bad luck about the lens, but these things do happen

FIXATION

Cheers CT ... I just stumbled across their site and will probably give them a call.

FIXATION

Another grateful reader CT.I`ve a lens for overhaul/service too.Fixation are going to love you !!!!!!

LOL. I'm not on commission... honest!

I haven't used them in a long time, but you should find them cheaper and quicker to turn the job around than Canon.

Back