Help. Kelpies

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I haven't been out for a while so I took an opportunity over the weekend to visit The Kelpies!

I'm not sure what it is but I'm not quite feeling it with these...not sure what it is so I'm looking for you to give me some honest feedback.

The first image I reckon the pylon is distracting but my "cloning" skills aren't that great [emoji17]

1 f22 30s ISO400
View attachment 31369
2 f11 15s ISO 100
View attachment 31370
3 B+W
View attachment 31371

I'd be cloning out those pylons and the wires.

I like them but am distracted by the pylons #2,#3 are better but that may be because the pylon to left

Thanks mattyg.

I need to brush up on my "cloning" skills. Will have a go at the weekend.

I'm currently working on image 1 and cloning out the pylon and lines............ Thanks for the feedback so far :)

I wish I had £1 for every time I've cloned those pylons/wires out. Content aware in PS is good for this

Prefer the pov of the first showing more profile of the horses head (y).

:thinking: It it possible to stand further round to the right, hiding the pylon behind the left head? that would show more profile of the left statue but less profile of the right statue
shrug2.gif

Only the lines to clone out then :D

Great shots, agree with the cloning. Number one you have got the moon Venus and Mars in as well

Hi, first shot looks out of focus to me, next shots look much better although to be honest when we visited last year we had the same problem. The composition you are trying to get is spot on but its all the clutter in the background.
I ended up just shooting from the side of the left hand horse, see image below.
I would try shooting when it's darker so you won't see the wires etc, also the lights inside the horses show up better.
Just wished I lived nearer to this spectacular structure so I could get shoot in different weather climates.

The Kelpies by John Jesney (Mouthpiece for the Deleted), on Flickr

Back