Help me find a 400D cheap

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey,

Finally managed to borrow some money from my mum to buy a camera. After the Canon 400D.

Now I want to buy this so I have as much cover as possible. So I want it new and with warranty.

I have about £400 to spend and I have been looking on ebay but I dont know which one to get. Can anyone have a look and suggest any for me?

Thanks for your time, remember... I own you all. ;)

Tobes

Hey,

Thanks for your time, remember... I own you all. ;)

That may be so....but I already own a 400D so I still win:p

I think you'll probably find that most of the "new" 400D's for sale on Ebay will be "gray imports" with all the warranty issues that go with buying an import;)

Kerso will do the body or kit for £370/£420 respectively. They're brand new with warranty but are sourced from the US and thus badged Digital Rebel.

Walk into your local Jessops in Truro.

They'll sell you a 400D with kit lens for £446 - only slightly more than Warehouse express. If you're lucky they'll throw in a 3 year warrenty with accidental damage cover as well. - They are supposed to with all new digial SLR's.

I've been thinking about selling my 400D and upgrading to the 40D

Andy

Walk into your local Jessops in Truro.

They'll sell you a 400D with kit lens for £446 - only slightly more than Warehouse express. If you're lucky they'll throw in a 3 year warrenty with accidental damage cover as well. - They are supposed to with all new digial SLR's.
Ahh might do that. So I should be able to haggle with them then? Maybe they would throw in a memory card for a little cheaper as well?

Will go into Truro tomorrow. Im happy paying a extra £50 if its going to get me a 3 year warranty.

Ahh might do that. So I should be able to haggle with them then? Maybe they would throw in a memory card for a little cheaper as well?

Will go into Truro tomorrow. Im happy paying a extra £50 if its going to get me a 3 year warranty.

I'm not sure you'll haggle the memory card, but Picstop have the 4Gb Sandisk Extreme 3 for £36
http://www.picstop.co.uk/Compact-Flash-CF/SanDisk-Extreme-III-CompactFlash---4GB

It's not a Jessops warrenty either - it's covered by a general warrenty company when you look into it - so no worries about Jessops going out of business.

I bought my 40D from Jessops as it was as cheap as anywhere else, I could pick it up knowing it had a full UK warrenty and it would be easy to return if ever faulty.

Edit: Oh and you'll have it in your grubby mitts tomorrow :D It's awful waiting.

Hi,

There is an EOS 400D Kit (incl lens) for sale on Ebay for £390, and that includes a 4gb CF card, spare battery, USB card reader, camera bag, tripod, and cleaning kit. New, from a trusted seller.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CANON-REBEL-X...0121517QQihZ004QQcategoryZ31388QQcmdZViewItem
Yeh saw that. But its the Rebel version which I assumed was the US version. Plus only 90 days warranty.
It's not a Jessops warrenty either - it's covered by a general warrenty company when you look into it - so no worries about Jessops going out of business.
That's good to know. I have heard that Jessops are shutting down a lot of stores so its nice to know its a manufacturers warranty. I have just bought a 2GB Sandisk III from play.com for £18.

Im so poor. I have had to borrow nearly all of the cash from my mother. So looking forward to tomorrow though. I love getting new things. Thanks for all your help people. Really appreciate it. Only problem is I wont be able to use the camera because I will have no card!

digital-4-u have it £380 body only.Dont know anything about them tho.Sorry cant put a link on for you to see for yourself
Bob

Well went to Jessops today. Listened to a conversation about a guy wanting to know the difference between the 400D and the Nikon D40x. The girl knew nothing and response was "well I like the Canons...".

So I didn't ask her to sell me it as I she would probably turn me off from buying it. So just went to the desk and asked to purchase it. What the deals were etc. £446 for the 400D kit. 1 year warranty. Could of got 3 years for a extra £60 but thats £60 I dont have. I had £440 cash on me and he tried to see if he could let me off the extra £6 but couldn't so I had to use my debit card.

So I am now the owner of a 400D. Need a bag and I'm waiting for the memory card to come in the post. At the moment I get to take pictures with a USB cable... nice...

I have noticed today that I have hidden files called "ZbThumbnail.info" being created in folders. Is it the Canon software which is doing this and anyway I can turn it off?

Here is a picture I took. I'm not sure how I should present photos on this site. All I did was resize it down and then websave it with CS3.

sc.jpg

Congrads on your camera hope you get out soon and really enjoy it

Bob:canon:

Back