Help me Please

Edit My Images
No
I have been playing all morning with my new toy. Canon 100mm F2.8 L MACRO.

Have no experience of this at all. Best so far is this, not the most exciting of subject I know, but the hanging basket was there, and had to be used.

I wonder if the BG is still too distracting?

Focus point was centre but is it just me? Seems out a bit.

macro.jpg

You're right focus is off. Move nearer or further to the flower until you find it is in focus then take the shot.

The color is a bit too saturate for me too

But then well i'm a newbie to photography, what do I know

this shot was taken at f13 if you want to throw the background out of focus try useing a lower f# try 2.8 or lower hth mike

also focus manually for macro (y)

this shot was taken at f13 if you want to throw the background out of focus try useing a lower f# try 2.8 or lower hth mike

also focus manually for macro (y)

Will try again, I did some at F2.8 and found that the edges of the flower were also out of focus.

Will have another go with manual focus :)

Cheers.

Will try again, I did some at F2.8 and found that the edges of the flower were also out of focus.

Will have another go with manual focus :)

Cheers.

DOF is a trade off with macro I'm afraid, you use larger apertures your DOF becomes virtually non-existant hence on something "3D" such as a flower you'll only get parts of it in focus at f2.8 as your DOF may only be a mmm or two!!

go some where in the middle then, try f4. but manual focus on the middle of the flower. if thats sharp the rest is not so important.(y)

Thanks for the pointers. I tried this one 2.8 with Manual focus. Still not right, lol, thank god for the del button :)

But I can see a difference on the BG.

Will keep at it ***, but have been distracted by a very cold beer from the fridge :)

macro2.jpg

Thanks for the pointers. I tried this one 2.8 with Manual focus. Still not right, lol, thank god for the del button :)

But I can see a difference on the BG.

Will keep at it ***, but have been distracted by a very cold beer from the fridge :)

macro2.jpg

snap:LOL:

Right,

Gone for a F8 with manual focus on the green ball thing in the centre.

Any better?
macro3.jpg

Will... When looking at the subject you're using to hone the technique makes me think that you should try not to go for a full & head-on shot. Perhaps try a different composition, shooting from an oblique angle and closer in.

I will be back it today. I have noticed many beers makes for shaky hand, even when using tripod, lol.

Back