Help needed in Birmingham

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello guys i know im new to the forum but on my. Photography courses we are having a compotishion and one part of it is Still life. So as i dont have a macro lens Yet i wonted to ask if there anyone in birmingham that would let me use theres for maybe a hour or so. Your place or mine :naughty: lol. Still trying to work out what i wont to do yet so plenty of time.
My camera is a Canon 40D and as i say not looking for right a way but just wonted to ask.

hi slim, might be worth having a word with stewart at www.lensesforhire.co.uk, he is a member here, he should be able to sort you out with something at a good price

Hi slim, I've got a fair choice for macro, 100mm F2.8, Raynox 202, teleconverter and macro rings. If you're over this way or maybe meet one day in Sutton Park or somewhere, you'll be welcome to have a play and see which suits.

Gary

Ooh, my ears are burning!

Slim, with all respect I'm not convinced that playing with a macro lens for an hour is going to be very rewarding. I find it very hard to get right. If Gary is willing to let you try out his kit for a day, then that's great. If you want to use a macro lens for a bit longer, we have the Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro at LensesForHire and it's surprisingly inexpensive.

Hi slim, I've got a fair choice for macro, 100mm F2.8, Raynox 202, teleconverter and macro rings. If you're over this way or maybe meet one day in Sutton Park or somewhere, you'll be welcome to have a play and see which suits.

Gary
Yer that would be cool m8 you could come to mine if you wonted.

Ooh, my ears are burning!

Slim, with all respect I'm not convinced that playing with a macro lens for an hour is going to be very rewarding. I find it very hard to get right. If Gary is willing to let you try out his kit for a day, then that's great. If you want to use a macro lens for a bit longer, we have the Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro at LensesForHire and it's surprisingly inexpensive.

Thanks m8 ill keep that in mind m8.

Slim, you don't nesseccarily need a 'proper' macro lens for still life. Okay, in quality terms some may baulk at this idea, but Jessops do screw-in +2 and +4 magnification lenses that give good results.They're about £8 each.

Anyway, still life doesn't have to be macro. Use your kit lens and see what happens. I bet half your club will be using macro lenses and will produce some run-of-the-mill close ups - try sometimg different!

Slim, you don't nesseccarily need a 'proper' macro lens for still life. Okay, in quality terms some may baulk at this idea, but Jessops do screw-in +2 and +4 magnification lenses that give good results.They're about £8 each.

Anyway, still life doesn't have to be macro. Use your kit lens and see what happens. I bet half your club will be using macro lenses and will produce some run-of-the-mill close ups - try sometimg different!

Any examples? Cheers.

Back