Help needed

Name
neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks for taking the time to view my pic, i was wondering if anybody can help me with this, i like the pic except for the blown sky showing through the trees. How would i stop that when im taking a shot and can i sort it in ps (i have ps 5.5 but don't have a qlue how to use it)

Either use ND grads or shot it in RAW and then make two exposures, one for the foreground, one for the background and then blend the two in PS.
Though you should shot in RAW at all times unless needs are different.

Either use ND grads or shot it in RAW and then make two exposures, one for the foreground, one for the background and then blend the two in PS.
Though you should shot in RAW at all times unless needs are different.

I do always shot in raw, but i know nothing about ps :shrug:

In your RAW converter set the exposure right for the FG and then the BG. Send them to PS, with the two images displayed there hold the shift key down and drag the darker images over the other. Now select the brush tool set to colour black and processed the paint back the FG at 100% opacity. Once you get to where the sky meets lower the opacity until you get a neat seamless joint.
If you paint back to much then switch to the colour white, this will take it back to the original image.
Though not sure if you can do this in your version of PS.

HTH

Sorry for bumping this up again, but im really struggling with this ps thing i just cant seem to sort this out, can anybody give me a step by step run through or point me in the direction of a tutorial :D

It's going to be very difficult to avoid, even with Grads. If you want to get good photos in a forest you ideally need it to be a bit overcast. Too much direct sunlight in a wood will kill the mood, unless the sun is at a very oblique angle.

I'd either get creative with cropping or clone a load of leaves etc over the gaps. When I'm trying to shoot scenes like the one you've got I'll do my best to try to avoid big areas of sky.

Back