* help on best quality cameras please *

P

panic_

Hii! does anyone know any excellent quality cameras whether they be compact or SLR :) im starting my portfolio and i love being able to see tiny details haha
thankyou for your time
my budget is approx £400
xxxxxxxxx

Hi panic, you can get some good second hand bargains on e-bay. you failed to mention digital or film?

Welcome to the forums :)

You will need to be a bit more specific before anyone can make suggestions. What sort of things do you like to photograph?
Does the size of the camera matter?
Does tiny details mean close ups of small things (macro) or just a quest for clear pictures ?
Are you new to photography or do you already have a camera?

etc. the more you can tell us the better the chances of a useful suggestion :)

haha digital please
im interested in photographing nature and people in particular :)

the size of the camera doesn't really matter :)
and its close ups of small things insects for example
thankyou for your help btw :)!

i think if you are going to be shooting a wide range of subjects and want the best flecibility, then a DSLR is the way forward, if its just snapshots and keepsakes then a Compact Digital is the way to go, the DSLR allows so much variation with different lenses but its expensive once you start

There are a lot of review sites for cameras you could look at.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/ has a section with reviews (our reviews link) and also a section with cameras they reccomend in each camera 'class' (the best cameras link).

Have a browse and you may get a better idea of what you will like using.... then come back and tell us the sort of thing that appeals to you.

The reviews are quite detailed and many include macro (close up) performance.

Back