Help please - Did anyone see BBC News article on ....

DJW

Edit My Images
Yes
... a young girl who used to have seizures if she went outside in sunshine. I was told doctors had fitted something to her, to help control her temperature & therefore the fits. Was on BBC news sometime this week.

Reason I ask is my daughter suffers from this condition , plus exercise induced seizures on top of severe Epilepsy, which means she can't play outside. Obviously very distressing for us & soon to be for her when she starts school this year. Current consultant has found no similar cases or any answers on how to cure.

If anyone did see above news item & can remember anything about it , please let me know.

Steep beat me to it !

Didn't see it either I'm afraid but hope you can source it and, moreso it is of some help to you ? Fingers crossed Dave !

The BBC news site sometimes has video footage of news stories as well

Done some digging around and it seems that a 'pacemaker' that stimulates the vagal nerve might be what you're looking for. Doesn't solve the problem of epilepsy, but it does reduce the severity of it.

Go here or google 'vagal nerve stimulation'. Lots of info to be had.

Thanks GFK, much appreciated the efforts you have gone to :)

Sorry to hear about your daughter. I've done some digging around but couldn't find anything related to the BBC news articles but I did find a Epilepsy Support forum and they might be able to assist you with getting the right information.

http://www.laxat.com/Support-Epilepsy-441-cat.html

Good luck with it.

Back