Help required. Having problems with RAW and CS2.

Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone help,

I cant seem to open raw files with CS2 and my 30D. It says files not recognised when I open CS2 and if I try to use rawshooter, they appear to be corrupted as CS2 has converted them to a CR2 file. When they open they open in four segments and colours...simply canot understand it!

All very odd and very exasperating! :wacky:

Any ideas?

Diego.

Try doing a test shoot and try again. Do the same with a different CF card - Might be a corrupted card rather than CS2 or Program error.
Failing that go to the Adobe site and make sure you have the latest RAW plug-in and that it's compatible with your camera.

Thanks arkady.

I have downloaded Raw 3.4 as this is the latest version compatible with the 30D. However, I am not really sure what to do.

Do have to drag it or install it in the adobe folder? Pretty useless when it comes to updating software to be honest.

Tried a different card, same thing. As soon as I download them to my PC adobe turns them into a CS2 file which seems to render them useless with any other raw software...??!?!??!

Diego.

Copy it into the folder that has all the plug-ins there (you'll have to look for it in the Adobe Photoshop folder in 'Program Files' - it might be called 'plug-ins' from what I can remember). A message will come up with 'file with that name already exists...etc.' just copy it in and it'll over-write the old file.

Thanks Arkady, you have solved it :)

Dragged to download to the extension folder.

Really appreciate your help!

Diego.

Diego Garcia said:
if I try to use rawshooter, they appear to be corrupted. When they open they open in four segments and colours...
New version of Rawshooter Premium to support 30D but not sure when the Essentials update will be out.

Back