Help scanning old photo

Edit My Images
Yes
I was hoping one of you TP'ers might be able to help. My Nana has given me an old photo that she would like tidying and enlarging. I have scanned it using my all in one printer scanner jobby but the quality is cr*p tbh. If any of you have a quality scanner, would you mind scanning this pic and sticking it on a cd for me. I will post the pic and cd and stamped addressed envelope.
I would like to be able to give my Nana a copy of the pic by christmas.

Thank You.

I have got to start doing stuff like this soon, as my mum is doing her family tree and I have been given the job of restoring a load of old photos. The problem I have is I have lost my power lead for my scanner, otherwise I would help you. When I find it I will let you know incase you are still stuck.

One thing though, can you increase the dpi it scans at? If you can go higher than 300dpi (if it will let you) as anything else tends not to print too well (well not too well at full size that is).

If all that fails, have you tried taking a photo of it with your 20d? Doesnt work too well with colour photos, but if its black and white you can generally get a good result. Just light it well and get as straight on as possible.

Sorry cant help yet:shrug: , a new scanner is on my xmas list...

PM me for my address Stephen. I'll do this for you - no probs. :)

You've got a pretty good imager already - take a picture of it in good light with the camera! I hardly use my scanner now...pictures and documents, just take a picture and give it a quick edit.

Edit: or to put it another way now I've read his post I agree with JL :)

You've got a pretty good imager already - take a picture of it in good light with the camera! I hardly use my scanner now...pictures and documents, just take a picture and give it a quick edit.

Yep that'll work too, in fact it was the standard procedure with film before scanners were invented. :)

ah well, majority of our old photos around here have negatives so thought you might have, negatives are about 100,000 better for scanning, give or take a few :p

Back