Help!!!! Should I go...?

Betty

BrideZilla!!!
Edit My Images
No
I read last night that Sting is doing a book signing in London this Saturday, Ive nothing planned, so do I go?

Its less than £15 with Megabus, and leaves at 6am Sat morning from Leicester, I need to get to Harrods in plenty of time to start queuing, it starts at 12pm, but it wont say how long the signing is for, and Ive no guarantee of meeting him :(

Help! My brain is fried!!!! :LOL:

I'd say you could do better things with your time... like watching paint dry, or sticking knitting needles in your eyes for example? Or, you could go out with the camera in London. :LOL:

I guess it depends how much you really like sting? I wouldn't bother, because, as you say there's no actual guarantee that you'll meet him. Could turn out to be a big waste of time.

If you're a big fan and want to take the risk, then it's worth going an queueing IMO.

:D

Oh I heart him so! Imagine my frustration when the Manchester gig this week was postponed, I can go kick his ass :D

sp0816_450.jpeg

Take that with you :D

I might just go for the trip to London, if I see him, bonus :)

Ive just called Waterstones, they said the book signing might only last an hour!!!! Eeeshk, better get there early then ;)

I'd say you could do better things with your time... like watching paint dry, or sticking knitting needles in your eyes for example?

(y)
Even if he was worth meeting I'd never even consider getting in a queue to do so :wacky:

Oh come on guys, I am sure there are people you would love to meet as well that I probably think you are crazy for.

Ive loved his music since I was a kid, I dont care that you hate him or think he's a k******d, its my thing, so let it go :razz::LOL:

I still :love: him so ner!

I been nervous all week hoping he wouldn't cancel the Cardiff concert.

I think this still tickets available for Cardiff gig if you can get them in time or prepared to pick up from ticket office

Not from Leicester mate ;)

Its really crap timing tbh, I am supposed to be moving house in a week and I need time to pack boxes and stuff, doubt Ill make this really :(

James Martin (cleb chef) did a book signing in John Lewis in MK, He was only there a couple of hours and the queue was HUGE!!!!! He was a real sweetie and stayed until his book was sold out and there were no more to sign.

MK is not as big as London and Sting has a humungus following, If I were you I would go and give it a try at least! ;) If you dont you will always wonder....... :thinking:

Nah, me neither!:thumbsdown:

Meeting him'd be as bad as listening to his CD's IMO. Sorry!!

If you want to meet him that much its worth the effort. You've got to ask yourseld will you get another chance?

Good luck with the house move

You've got to go really.

Now you've got it in your head, there's no choice. Even if you don't get to see him and it's just a big hassle, it's only a day out of your life. Small price surely. :)

always better to regret doing somthing than to regret not doing it. you know that. :p

Have you decided yet? :thinking: :D

I am not going :(

I am so tired today and I have to get to bed. Shame I didnt know sooner, I had friends in London that would have given me a bed for the night and would have cancelled plans to queue with me!

I am such a lameass :D

Sting ... my views ..... ;)

As a Geordie, I was once proud of him. Until he then turned his back on Newcastle and slated it - lost faith!!!!

As a solo artist - he's ok. Bought the wife tickets for his Manchester tour a few years ago - which he also postponed - think he doesn't like the MEN Arena ? When he did eventually play, 7 months later - he was pretty crap with no interaction with the crowd, or apology for the cancellation, etc.

As a band member of the Police - amazing!!! Saw the current concert (that has just been postponed / cancelled in Manchester) in Boston earlier this year. PIcked 2 tickets up for $50 from a tout to see them at Fenway Baseball Ground - brilliant.

Would I go and ask him to sign a book? Read my first sentence !!

Betty - gutted for you and the other folk in Manchester - lots of people from work due to go and it is a cracking concert.

Anth.

7 months later?!?! :(

I really hope he isnt a tit, I would hate to lose an idol :D

huh some fan you are ! i bet sting was really gutted when he read on here that youd cancelled the idea of going to see him

Who cares what kind of bloke he is? Listen to the music. I love the Police, but am fairly indifferent to his solo stuff...again so what?
You should have gone - now you'll always wonder...there's nothing worse than regret.

OMG, thanks for that Matt! You were the first to let me know!!!! :)

Back