Help, something's wrong!

Name
Julia
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm not sure whether it is the camera or the memory card but something is broken...

When I take shots that have light areas, those light areas flash when I look at the pictures on the camera's screen.

When I upload the pictures they are fine, but when viewed on the camera's screen the white areas flash.

I have also noticed one or two pictures I have downloaded have been distorted. The colour has gone weird on one, and on another there is a horizonal line through the middle and half of the shot has gone weird. Not sure if that's related to the other issue but I would imagine it must be.

Can anyone help identify what's wrong?

Thanks

Julia

I can only help you with the first problem. Check your cameras manual, as you may have set the camera, inadvertently, to show which areas are over exposed, i.e. very bright areas of the photo. It does this by flashing.

The flashing light areas sounds like overexposure indication, I think you can switch this off

Phew, panick over! You were both right...blondie here had changed the setting!

As for the distorted pics, I'm confident that's nothing to do with the camera itself, which is what I was worried about.

Thank you for your help!! :notworthy:

Glad you're sorted Cutsie :)

Moving to the Equipment forum :)

I would leave it on, I find it very useful. ;)

Re the distortion / lines through shots thing. I've suffered with this once - put it down to being either a dud memory card or a problem with my card reader. The reader is now in the bin and I have reserved the card for nuse in dire emergencies only. Since then I have also stuck with Sandisk Extreme III cards.

Back