Help Transport canon D40 17-85 usm lens

Edit My Images
Yes
I have a an EOS 40d with the kit 17-85 lens, this lens doesnt have a zoom lock so when i put it lens down in my bag the zoom comes out on its own anyone got round this problem

Sorry I cannot offer a solution (other than wrapping a rubber band round it whilst not in use) but they all seem to do it so you're not on your own.

was going to put some padding in the bottom of the bag, why dont canon put a zoom lock on the lens

I have a an EOS 40d with the kit 17-85 lens, this lens doesnt have a zoom lock so when i put it lens down in my bag the zoom comes out on its own anyone got round this problem

Sounds like a problem with your lens, my 17-85mm doesn't do that, or the mechanism has been well used?

Nope mine doesnt either, the only time it does is if ive reverse fitted the hood and its got stuck.

In view of evidence to the contrary I'll modify my answer to say that some examples do suffer from zoom-creep if pointed vertically downwards even brand new ones. I've had a quick Google but no solution found.

Back