Help using Canon Utilities please

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I'm trying to download some RAW shots from my G9 - connect the camera to the Mac and they seem to download fine - can see them in Picture Editor all ok, but when I open DPP, the files are there but no image - just gray and 'X'd out?

Any help appreciated - thanks Gray :help:

Did the version of DPP come with the camera ? if not you might need to download the latest version from Canon
I had this problem viewing 40D files on the version of DPP that came with a 400D

Did the version of DPP come with the camera ? if not you might need to download the latest version from Canon
I had this problem viewing 40D files on the version of DPP that came with a 400D

Actually Scraggs, I think it came with my 450d, but that's only 3 months old.

Appreciate your quick response - G

Just been on the Canon website and it describes DPP as being editing software for Canon EOS SLRs - do you think this might mean that it's not supposed to work with G9s?

I've got a demo version of Lightroom 2 loaded and that recognises them straight away?

Thanks.

I would be VERY surprised if DPP does not work with a G9.

OH dear just seen this on POTN forums

Since Canon left out the G9 from DPP RAW support. Before someone pointed to me that the P in DPP stand for Professional and the G9 is not a professional camera, the DPP support the Rebel line which is hardly professional. In fact the G9 is the only current RAW camera that is not supported by DPP.

Looks like there are a few folk not happy with the G9 and DPP support

Oh well - thanks anyway - saves me hours trying to work out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks again for your help Whiteflyer.

Back