help with cloning......

Name
paul holder
Edit My Images
Yes
hi all. took a pic of a sunrise this morning, awsome cloud colour etc, but the prob is i have several power/phone lines running through the picture:(
am using gimp and have worked out how to use the clone tool but cant seem to get the right mix and when viewed at 100% it stands out like a sore thumb. have been trying for hours to rectify this but it seems impossible:bang:
am i doing something wrong?
any advice would be welcome.

rise11.jpg

this is the pic that i am trying to remove the wires etc from.....

can you post this picture here on TP so we can have a look? :)

What size brush are you using for the clone tool? For a job like that with a complex background it needs to be really small.

well i zoomed in as much as i could and did use quite a small brush. but then when i zoomed out to normal size it looked like someone had just pulled a fork through wet icing

.... but then when i zoomed out to normal size it looked like someone had just pulled a fork through wet icing
Lovely description, and very helpful here. It sounds like you tried cloning the whole thing in one move. The trick here is to keep changing the spot from which you're copyimng the background, so that you don't introduce too much pattern into the cloned area.

well i did try doing it a bit at a time but still could not get it right. gimp does do a soft edge brush which i was using, maybe it's just too much for me to do at the moment with my limited skills

that is fantastic :clap: was that done with gimp or some thing else. awsome(y)(y)(y)

Back