Help with HSS using Godox X2TN/Godox TT600/Nikon D700

Name
Anette
Edit My Images
No
Can someone please explain to me step by step on how I can use the Godox X2TN trigger on my Nikon D700 to fire the Godox TT600 flash shooting in Manual and High Speed Sync (HSS) Modes? I'd like to know what settings I need to have on each unit - the camera, flash and trigger. I understand that using the trigger on a Nikon is different to using it on other cameras.
From what little information is out there, I have tried but the Nikon D700 does not go past Shutter speed 1/320. It fires but can only go up to 1/320. I'd like to go up to 1/8000. From my understanding is to:
- Change the settings in Nikon Camera to Flash Sync Speed 1/320s auto or 1/250 auto
- on the X2TN set the Sync to the arrow symbol and not the flash H symbol
- mount the X2TN tigger to Nikon camera (D700) and change to flash rear curtain mode on the camera
- on the TT600 set to M and HSS
In addition, I would also like to add my Nikon SB-800 in HSS mode and use it as a fill light. What's the set up for this with the X2TN?
And finally, any one that is experienced with the Godox X2T trigger, I'd like to know what are the key settings for everyday off camera flash use. I am new to the Godox system.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Holty, yes I have and only found info and a couple of Youtube videos using Sony and Fuji cameras. The set up is entirely different with Nikon cameras. Thanks!

From Google...
Use of the Auto FP shutter speeds... which are in D700 menu E1. Set one of the two Auto FP speeds there. Then this allows use of shutter speeds faster than the menu name, which (when actual shutter speed is faster than that E1 menu name) will also shift the speedlight modes, and you have HSS. (anytime actual shutter speed is not faster than maximum shutter sync speed, you still have regular flash mode).

Don't select rear curtain mode.

Hss mode on the trigger is the flash symbol with an H.
The arrows are for selecting front/rear curtain sync.

Last edited:
i always stick to nikon
I’d happily show you how the Godox system is massively superior.

Even the new fangled Nikon radio system only works on a limited number of cameras and needs a widget plugged into the side of the camera to work.

It’s frankly a joke when you consider PW managed to build a simple to use iTTL radio trigger over 10 years ago reverse engineering Nikon’s flash protocol, and Nikon still can’t manage it.

But that is nothing to do with the OPs question, it is irrelevant, spurious or maybe just plain stupid, what benefit did it offer the OP? None, nada, nix so why waste people’s time?

how stupid of me i forgot your a big fancy pro
you must know everything
away and bile your heid ya bampot

I’d happily show you how the Godox system is massively superior.

Even the new fangled Nikon radio system only works on a limited number of cameras and needs a widget plugged into the side of the camera to work.

It’s frankly a joke when you consider PW managed to build a simple to use iTTL radio trigger over 10 years ago reverse engineering Nikon’s flash protocol, and Nikon still can’t manage it.

thanks for that feedback Phil didn't know this
good to hear from someone that does not try to talk down to the total ametuer

Without having the unit in front of me, I think you just press the button on the trigger, it’s marked something like sync or similar. This should then allow the body to increase shutter speed. Sorry I can’t be exact, but I use the similar system and it really is that simple.

how stupid of me i forgot your a big fancy pro
you must know everything
away and bile your heid ya bampot

The OP simply wanted to know how to configure what they already had, all I tried to do was answer the question they asked. Your suggestion was a waste of pixels.

Now grow a set, grow up and act like an adult and we can all get on with providing the help requested. If you feel the need to make childish comments in my direction please do not do it in a manner that derails the OPs thread.

Back