Help with my first studio lights

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I want to begin my venture into studio lighting. I'd like to buy the Interfit EX150 MkII kit but, alas, my budget won't stretch to it at this time.

What I'd like is half of that kit, i.e.

1 flash head
1 stand
1 brolly
power lead
modelling lamp

Interfit don't seem to sell the kits piece-meal.

As such, have you any recommendation as to what I should buy? My budget would ideally be around half that of the Interfit full kit, i.e. between £120 and £150

Yeah - saw that. Just a bit worried that it has no pics and zero feedback...

Hi

I want to begin my venture into studio lighting. I'd like to buy the Interfit EX150 MkII kit but, alas, my budget won't stretch to it at this time.

What I'd like is half of that kit, i.e.

1 flash head
1 stand
1 brolly
power lead
modelling lamp

Interfit don't seem to sell the kits piece-meal.

As such, have you any recommendation as to what I should buy? My budget would ideally be around half that of the Interfit full kit, i.e. between £120 and £150

Good luck with your search. The thing I did when first experimenting with lighting is just to by a stand, brollies and use my SB600 flash head on a stand adapter with a brollie mount (£3.99 ebay job). The only downside to this is you can't mount modifiers on a standard flash head (barn doors, honeycombs etc..).

Whatever you decide, I would strongly recommend adding a reflector of sorts to your wish list.......

I have a 6ft x 3ft silver/gold reflector that fits to a light stand. Is very useful and I don't need anyone holding it for me. Cost me £35 though :crying: But stay clear of the cheap 5 in 1's the gold peels off!

I missed the end of the auction, do you know how much it went for?

Back