Help with Yorkshire locations...

Name
Rich Robson
Edit My Images
No
Hey, happy new year.
I was planning a day in the lakes tomorrow but it's looking like rubbish weather so have decided to change locations. I'm out from 6am until 6-7pm hoping to find my mojo for photography along the way. It's been absent for some time now !! Grrrr...
Anyhow, I'm from Yorkshire so I've decided to stay local(ish) tomorrow, and wondered if anyone has any locations in the region that I could visit ? Something a bit different maybe ? I'm aware of the usual locations like Bolton abbey etc etc.
Looking for a good location for sunrise, good locations for during the day and then a good location for potential sunset....

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Rich

I'm interested in this topic too as I've never done Yorkshire and I've done the lakes to death and am also currently googling options for tomorrow, my last day off.

Swinsty Resevoir and the surrounding area is nice, Roseberry Topping (spelling might not be right), Newmillerdam in Wakefield, Yorkshire Sculpture Park as a few suggestions. Might inspire you to find somewhere to visit!

For a sunrise head for the coast, Whitby, Staithes or Robin Hoods bay.
Sunset at Brimham Rocks can be superb at this time of year.

:wave: Rich, Happy New year

Another vote for Brimham rocks. (y)

It must be ten years since I've been there. First opportunity I get, if the weathers right, I'm off up:D

Forecast for tomorrow looks 50/50
shrug.gif

Saltwick Bay, just south of Whitby. There is the remains of a fishing boat wreck the Admiral Von Tromp.

Haworth is a good spot. You get the old cobbled street look with the bonus of steam train on the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway.

Sandsend on the North edge of Whitby has some groynes running into the sea which could add a bit of interest to a rising sun shot, depending on tide times, theres also the pier in Whitby

Saltwick Bay, just south of Whitby. There is the remains of a fishing boat wreck the Admiral Von Tromp

Went there last Tuesday. I was the only one There and it is worth a visit.

Sandsend on the North edge of Whitby has some groynes running into the sea which could add a bit of interest to a rising sun shot, depending on tide times, theres also the pier in Whitby

We stayed there over Christmas and there are plenty of groynes. Well worth a visit.

Cheers.

Guys, thanks very much for all your help and suggestions.
I think I'm going to head to staithes or Whitby first thing, then have a look around Roseberry topping, followed by a drive down the A19 stopping off at mount grace priory, Helmsley/sutton bank and a couple of other places then to brimham rocks or Armscliffe cragg for sunset.
Hopefully my mojo will turn up somewhere along the way....

Thanks guys.

Back