Help

Name
david
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, i was out for an impomtu hour or so with me old mate Big G (bowz) in newcastle, came across a bridge with stunning lighting, different colours shinning up against the steel work underneath, now its stunning but why cant i make it look good in picture,s, i tried a couple of different shots, and the colours really stand out but i,m a bit dissapointed with them, they dont seem to show how good it really is, i,d LOVE a bit of help here,
cheers,

Dave:shrug:

IMG_3457_2502 by ****ant69, on Flickr

IMG_3455_2501 by ****ant69, on Flickr

IMG_3453_2499 by ****ant69, on Flickr

IMG_3451_2497 by ****ant69, on Flickr

IMG_3449_2495 by ****ant69, on Flickr

IMG_3448_2494 by ****ant69, on Flickr

HELP . . . .. .

Last edited:
Ah, the fun of dslr's colour interpretation! I cant tell you exactly where you went wrong but you might like to try different white balance settings? And/or a bit of PP If you didn't you could try shooting in RAW then you would have even more control over your PP. Hope this helps!

Thanx, i cant seem to get a nice composier going, it seems a bit stale when i feel it could be a really good subject,
cheers
Dave

Hi

Not including the road would help. Try again when it's raining that might help.

Graham

I no about the road, i havnt touched these, they are straight out of the camera, i love the colours and the girders i was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to making a nice picture of them,
thanx for looking,
Dave

Did you use a tripod?
If no tripod that explains ISO 3200 and f3.6

I would suggest a tripod and a low angle looking up into the bridge from along the road with car or bus etc leaving a light trail. Use a ISO 200 and f16 to get good depth of field as these are not that sharp and lack detail IMO due to the wide apperture. As a has been said a wet road and reflections would help too.

Try looking up the bridge on Flickr and see what you like thats been done already for a start point.

Last edited:
Back