HELP!!!!!

Name
Cheryl
Edit My Images
Yes
After the invasion of my PC the other day by a nasty trojan it is now clean again after running several scans and deleting lots of 'suspicious' files. However, I now have a problem....

I cannot seem to access many of my bookmarked pages no matter how I try. The page simply does not load. I can access GOOGLE but cannot use it to search for anything, as again, nothing happens.

Can anyone please advise me what I need to do to be able to access these sites again? I have looked and they are not listed as 'restricted' sites. I have a feeling I have deleted something I shouldn't have done :help: after running AVG & Superantispyware. My BF is going nuts as one of the sites we can't access is his favourite car forum :shake:

Which browser are you using ? If you're using IE, and it sounds like you might be, try using Firefox instead. Also, grab a copy of spywareblaster, this will innoculate your browsers against all sorts of nasties.

Which browser are you using ? If you're using IE, and it sounds like you might be, try using Firefox instead. Also, grab a copy of spywareblaster, this will innoculate your browsers against all sorts of nasties.

I am using Firefox, but I've tired IE and cannot get the sites to load on there either. This has only happened since we deleted stuff yesterday.

What OS are you using XP? Vista? what?

Let me know because it could be quite simple, you may want to go remote assistance with crossloop http://www.crossloop.com/ just let me know.

If your going to try another browser you should get Opera as FF is so clunky nowadays.

Maybe try flushing the DNS resolver cache, Start, Run, then Type, cmd, hit enter then type, ipconfig /flushdns then hit enter and you should get a message saying the resolver cache was flushed then close the Dod prompt box.

What OS are you using XP? Vista? what?

Let me know because it could be quite simple, you may want to go remote assistance with crossloop http://www.crossloop.com/ just let me know.

If your going to try another browser you should get Opera as FF is so clunky nowadays.

Maybe try flushing the DNS resolver cache, Start, Run, then Type, cmd, hit enter then type, ipconfig /flushdns then hit enter and you should get a message saying the resolver cache was flushed then close the Dod prompt box.

We are using windows XP. Tried what you said above and it hasn't made any difference.

Name a site that doesn't work at all.

I'm on my laptop at the minute so will try it later if I manage to resuscitate my pc! I'm just in the middle of running yet another virus scan and it's not looking too good :( It's telling me my pc is infected with I-worm/Sasser.H which wasn't there yesterday :thinking: Maybe I should just abandon my desktop pc altogether and stick with my laptop :help:

I'm on my laptop at the minute so will try it later if I manage to resuscitate my pc! I'm just in the middle of running yet another virus scan and it's not looking too good :( It's telling me my pc is infected with I-worm/Sasser.H which wasn't there yesterday :thinking: Maybe I should just abandon my desktop pc altogether and stick with my laptop :help:

For sasser and other variants try http://vil.nai.com/VIL/stinger/ if you want remote assistance let me know by 18.45 hrs

Dont let them beat you! I got a bad one last week, I did a search for the virus on google i just put in name and help.
come up with several ways to get rid of it, took me a couple of hours but got there in the end this did it SmitfraudFix.

Good luck

carol

Seems to be a lot of virus activity just now :(

Back