helpful advice needed

Edit My Images
No
Why is it when people know you take photos suddenly you become the resident photographer of everything? Im finding more and more that whenever there is a party or a gathering im asked to take the photos. I dont mond doing it but im rubbish at taking portraits. So, can anybody give any tips on hopw to make the most of a portrait/candid shot. Assuming outdoors, no additional lighting except flash, and probably variable backgrounds?

Ive included one picture to show you where i am at the moment. I think this is possibly my best effort thus far!!!:help:

ok, ignore the bit about the attachment - apartently i may not post attachments!?!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
Search this Thread

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

If you click on the little yellowish box showing a mountain & a postage stamp in the reply box, you should be able to insert your image.

So, can anybody give any tips on hopw to make the most of a portrait/candid shot. Assuming outdoors, no additional lighting except flash, and probably variable backgrounds?

I know what you mean about the 'official photographer' thing. For those sorts of events I tend to wang my camera about loads at the begining so people will get used to me and the camera being around. I use my 135mm F2.8 set to F4 to throw the background well out of focus and keep quite tight on head and shoulders. After a few drinks and people start to relax a bit more start snapping away. The 135mm means you don't have to be in their faces and you can often get some great captures. Good luck :)

Back