Helping a friend! (no ulterior motive honest)

Edit My Images
No
I showed my photo gallery on my webspace to a friend at work today (a particularly nice and very attractive friend, ahem :whistling ) and she was rather impressed.

The subsequent conversation lead to her asking if I knew of any half decent point and shoot digitals that come with a printer dock that I could recommend to her. Now I don't really know much about these, I could talk about D70s and other SLRS until the cows come home but thats not what shes after... can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction of a piece of kit that might be good for her?

Thanks everyone! :LOL:

Dunno about printer docs but Girls love the Olympus Mju Mini cameras. They come in several colours and they're actually quite good cameras too, I understand. My missus is in the process of buying one (shopping around for prices) so she could do worse than that.

People will probably knock it but I saw one of the wife's friends with one of the Kodak models a couple of months ago. The quality of the print was very nice indeed and really simple to use.

fingerz said:
Dunno about printer docs but Girls love the Olympus Mju Mini cameras. They come in several colours and they're actually quite good cameras too, I understand. My missus is in the process of buying one (shopping around for prices) so she could do worse than that.

..yeah that's a good one I'll take a butchers.

I just took a quick browse at Amazon, and there top selling bundle is Kodal Z700 coming in at £181.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007X50DM/ref=br_lf_ce_0/026-0153581-6464406

dod said:
People will probably knock it but I saw one of the wife's friends with one of the Kodak models a couple of months ago. The quality of the print was very nice indeed and really simple to use.

..a colleague of mine in the office bought one for his parents and he says its great.. showed me a quick photo he'd tested and it was ok.

Canon A95 is one of the best VFM point-and-shoot cameras around. Takes lovely pics, I'm told. The whole range is good, actually, so you might be able to save money looking for a second-hand A80 or A85 etc. But it's a bit chunky, which is why I suggested the Mju Mini. I guess the Casio Exlims would also be worth looking at.

GfK said:
I'm told that the Kodak Z700 is a decent cam if you don't want to get bogged down with too many features.

This seems like a good price also, considering it includes the printer dock:

http://www.excessnet.com/excess-uk/...700_Digital_Camera_+_Printer_Dock_Bundle.html

[edit] ...which seems the be the exact same package DavidUK posted while I was typing up my reply. ;)

Lol.. well when you consider she sent me an email saying "I dont understand all the technical data - optical zoom and number of pixies" I guess the easier the better :LOL:

I agree. You can never have enough pixies. :ponders: :naughty:

when you take her to the cinema David, dont forget to take the popcorn bucket-with-no-bottom trick....

Good camera recommendations BTW!

a friend of mine has the Kodak Z700 and says it is great. He is very new to digital photography, and hasn't had any trouble working out how to use it.

Back