Hemsby, Norfolk twinned with 1980's soviet bloc

Lynton

awkward customer
Name
Lynton (yes really!)
Edit My Images
No
Drove through Hemsby today :puke: and what used to be a thriving holiday destination on the East Norfolk coast, is now looking, sadly, a bit worse for wear...

So had to take some pictures which are not very pretty to look at.

The kind of thought I had in my mind as to the processing, whilst taking them was sort of East Germany / East Europe when the Iron Curtain was still up. Tired / unloved / advanced state of decay. Maybe a look of an old POW camp or something......... :shrug: Even when in their prime, must have been a fairly crappy holiday experience...

Feel free to C&C as you see fit..........

hemsby1.jpg

hemsby2.jpg

hemsby3.jpg

hemsby4.jpg

just found out that this place was used in WWII as a German POW camp and in fact there was an attempt to dig a tunnel from the building in No4 to past the perimeter fence.....

Number one is a great image. Lots of potential there to go back with the same framing and place a person in the diamond that the fence creates. Even without it is an imposing shot. Like the processing too (y)

cheers Nick - has some potential......... It is all locked up etc, though plenty of holes in the fences to do some stuff......... thinking of using it with a model who lives reasonably local to it as well.....

So sad, spent a glorious holiday in Hemsby with the family and me Mum in the 80's I think.

Lots of sand dunes if I recall.

We stayed in a house called Rose Cottage in the High St...I think.

As for the shots, well captured.....but so sad.

Back