Hen Harrier

Name
Tommy
Edit My Images
Yes
Firs time I had seen one of these lovely birds and was lucky enough to shoot off a few record shots of him. Too cloudy and too far away for anything really good unfortunately but I was happy to grab some to give me a base to improve on in the future. So apologies for the large crops but heres a few of the 'better' ones. (y)

1)
4300370282_22516d592e_o.jpg

2)
4300370086_cc55fa19f7_o.jpg

3)
4300369872_3893bb5b9d_o.jpg

Tommy.

Jealous that you got any shots of a wild one,well done........:clap:

Jammy git..........:razz:.........:D

Who is the guy in the second pic?

I think it was two old dears walking along the other side of the loch. Funny you should mention background stuff... I got one of the hen harrier with 2 Grey Herons in the shot also that I never noticed until I got home.

Well spotted Tommy and good captures.

Aye Mark was at Lochwinnoch but not photo hide, I'm getting less keen on that one now (it's starting to feel a bit zoo-like there if you know what I mean) and prefer getting out and about along the trails and the less used hides more. These were taken from up along the Aird Meadow trail and hide. For the area it was hunting over the best position would probably have been on the far side of the loch along the trail with no hides and towards the road and bridge if you know where I mean.

Tommy.

Tommy, thanks for the reply. I have only ever did the 2 hides at that side and never went further---is it much further than the 2nd hide on that side?

I wonder how the RSPB would be if i set up my chair hide in that area early one morning and wait for it to come along in hunt mode? They are cracking looking birds especially the male and very few and far between around this area so would be a great capture.

Between the visitor centre and around the first hide was where I took them mate, The trail from other side of visitor centre which goes around the opposite side of the loch would have been a much better vantage point though and I'm sure the staff wouldn't mind a bit if you setup your own wee spot. If you are going to do that though I'd definitely recommend the far side of the loch with no hides, much less traffic from folk (especially folk with kids) over on that side.

Tommy.

Tommy, when im in the photo hide was this taken on my left or right as i look out? Just cant imagine where it is in the pic? I have only ever done the 2 hides to the right as i look out the hide ( aird meadow hide and Wilsons hide ) is it even before you get to them from the visitor centre? Might have a chat with Zul this week.

Back