Hepworth Gallery - Wakefield

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes

Hepworth2 by Simon Hulme, on Flickr

Hepworth1 by Simon Hulme, on Flickr

Hepworth by Simon Hulme, on Flickr

Here is a small series of photos I took at the Hepworth Gallery this week. I was trying to produce images that reflect the architectural style of the gallery. The building has received mixed reviews locally although it has grown on me and is great to photograph.

Nice set of images, like the composition. No. 2 is the best for me. On no.3 I would have lightened up the building a tad, but that is just me.

Thanks. You are right about the darkness of number 3. I am working on uncalibrated laptop and I think the screen may be a tad bright. Having said that I wanted it to be a fairly dark and moody image as I think this suits the subject especially when captured from this location

Am not a fan of this building, has to be the dullest most uninspiring building in Wakefield. But I do like your first shot, slightly different to the norm, well done.

sbowler579 said:
Am not a fan of this building, has to be the dullest most uninspiring building in Wakefield. But I do like your first shot, slightly different to the norm, well done.

Thanks Steve. It definitely is a controversial building! I quite like it and it suits my style of photography. I like buildings and objects with strong lines and geometry especially in monochrome.

Not bad at all those Si. The first shot wins for me tbh

I like the building too, it makes a nice change and the natural light inside is superb. I work in architecture where simple lines and concrete used like that is regarded pretty highly, so I guess that has helped me warm to it..

I've shot the building a couple of times myself too, pics on my flickr somewhere..

The thing about the building is that it should have been painted bright marine blue.:) The tower blocks in the city centre look more attractive to me.

Not bad at all those Si. The first shot wins for me tbh

I like the building too, it makes a nice change and the natural light inside is superb. I work in architecture where simple lines and concrete used like that is regarded pretty highly, so I guess that has helped me warm to it..

I've shot the building a couple of times myself too, pics on my flickr somewhere..

Thanks for your comments. I love the inside too. It is really clever how the gallery spaces are lit by natural light. I find it a relaxing place to visit. I'm interested by feedback about my #1. It was just a shot i saw as i walked round the building. The sun was happened to be in the right place to take it.

Back