Her Smile

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
Yes
her_smile.jpg

I spent some time trekking around the countryside in search of re-enactments of The Forties. Be appreciative of your comments and thoughts.

I really like this one - nice skin tones, subtle subdued colour, and the hat covering one eye is just right for this to really work.

If it's uncropped I can't really fault it. If it's a crop, then depending on how much room you have to play with I might be inclined to show a little more space on the right for her to be looking into and possibly crop tighter on the left to keep the proportions.

It's a nice shot though either way. :)

it is a nice shot, is the focus on the hat and slightly soft on the face deliberate?

I too like this shot,
i seems to invoke the look of forties quite well:thumb: ,

( looks like Marianne to me as well ?? )

MyPix

s'not me! I give him stick over this one lol.....actually, to see it printed up at A3 size is amazing, the skin tones, colours and light are beautiful. Often the finer detail gets lost when an image is optimised for the web ;)

Marianne said:
s'not me! I give him stick over this one lol.....actually, to see it printed up at A3 size is amazing, the skin tones, colours and light are beautiful. Often the finer detail gets lost when an image is optimised for the web ;)

thats true, the compression always takes something away.

Good to see this sort of shot done well, great job :thumb: Does it work as well in B&W?

Really nice shot mate, Can't fault it at all.:)

Thanks guys... I have thought B/W, sepia but, in all honesty, these tones are so subtle and original it seemed wrong to change it.

The focus isn't on the badge or hat per se... the eye was what I concentrated on and at 200mm with F3.5 you don't get too much DOF...

It is my favourite photo of the year.....

Chuckles

Just had a look at your blog mate, You have some stunning photo's.

Also if it was your "Marianne" that built the site very well done too..:)

thanks for sharing chuckles, its a fine shot.

busterboy said:
Also if it was your "Marianne" that built the site very well done too..:)

Thanks, she's a clever lady....! :)

Stunning pal, that series with Nicholas lindhurst immedietly sprung to mind, he was transported back and forth to wartime england.

barrymoir said:
Stunning pal, that series with Nicholas lindhurst immedietly sprung to mind, he was transported back and forth to wartime england.

I agree Barry, The program was Goodnight Sweetheart..

I really don't know who the lady is in your picture chuckles but she has one hell of a gorgeous smile to go with her good looks..:)

Complete with the traditional English wonky teeth so beloved of our Coalition partners across the pond.

Pretty girl...

she does look quintessentially English don't you think? I would have loved to have been able to wear their uniforms and gorgeous fashions, but to have actually been in the war would not be so good....

Back