Heron in flight (finally)

Name
Tommy
Edit My Images
Yes
Been waiting a while to get a shot I'm pretty happy with of a Heron in flight and finally got it so thought I'd pop it up for folks thoughts on it.I love the way his wings are just skimming the water. C+C welcome.

Click for larger image.

Tommy.

lovely shot mate :)

Very well caught(y). Everything looks good apart from the composition. Needs more space to the left, that aside pretty decent(y)

Well spotted and a nice detailed capture Tommy. Would agree about more LH space - a tad more at the bottom would be nice as the reflection looks as if it has been clipped.

It is a good shot, darned difficult to get these right, but you have pulled it off.

Agree about extra space on the left, but I think if you cropped a touch from the right it would give some 'perceived' additional space on the left.

Lovely crisp shot. I agree a bit mores pace on the left would be great if you can manage it.

Really nicely done....

I have some nice static ones, would love one like this....

Weird my sig won't show up...

edited to make it add

Last edited:
Cheers all, totally agree about some extra space to the left but unfortunately this is the edge of the frame of the shot (more panning practice needed). There was more of the picture to the bottom but no reflection I'm afraid just a mudbank hence the crop. :)

Tommy.

Very nice indeed. I have to wait ages for them to take off and I've only caught one in flight once.

Back